Profile Picture

Upgrading from 3.8 to 4?

Posted By Lotharen 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lotharen
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I was looking at upgrading from 3.8 to 4.0 and can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. So, for those of you that have done it, how did you go about upgrading?
I guess on another note, is it even worth the upgrade?
I keep having crashing of the plugin when I try to export an animation, it gets to the 27th frame and just disappears.

Thanks for any assistance!
oscarj
oscarj
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Might be best to wait until they release a plugin for Indigo 4. 
wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Glare have not yet released version 4 - it is still in public Beta testing. The latest Beta version - 4.0.46 - was posted 3 days ago. It looks like development is moving along quite smoothly, but it could still take some time before a fully (almost) stable version is released. The RL Indigo plugin has never been certified for use with the Indigo 4 Betas.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Lotharen
Lotharen
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)Senior Member (478 reputation)

Ahh okay, I thought it was out already.

What about the crashing issue with the plugin in? I believe that has been a known bug and they have yet to fix it? I would love to render animation with indigo but if I can't get past 27 frames with out a crash that would make it to much of a hassle. Perhaps the PBR renderer they are going to implement into iClone will be the answer.
Lotharen
Lotharen
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Ahh okay, I thought it was out already.

What about the crashing issue with the plugin in? I believe that has been a known bug and they have yet to fix it? I would love to render animation with indigo but if I can't get past 27 frames with out a crash that would make it to much of a hassle. Perhaps the PBR renderer they are going to implement into iClone will be the answer.
wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Unfortunately many users have discovered that the RL Indigo plugin is not suitable for rendering out animation sequences. There are countless posts from users, stretching back to the initial release 2 years ago, complaining about this fact. To date Reallusion have not provided any information indicating that they intend to rectify this situation.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Lotharen
Lotharen
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks Wires, I thought that was the case but wanted verification I wasn't missing something simple. I'll use it for still renders since it makes those look so nice.

Reading This Topic