Reallusion Products will not start

Posted By Roundtree 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Roundtree
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Hello,
 I am not sure what has happened, but I am having a difficult problem with trying to start my Reallusion applications. Specifically, Crazy Talk 8, Iclone6, and CC.  All three applications were working fine on Windows 7, and after I initially upgraded to Windows 10.  Then, some months later, they all quit working.  Whenever I try to start either application, I get this error message:
                                                  This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. 
I have no idea what's going on here.  I have actually uninstalled the entire application, re-installed it, and get the same thing.  Has anyone had this problem?  If so, what was the resolution?
I am running a Toshiba Satellite, Windows 10, 8G RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6620G. 
Earl 

Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Did you upgrade form windows 7 32 bit to windows 10 64 Bit ?

fix 0xc00007b error "the application was unable to start correctly" most commonly caused by dll files

there may be multiple reasons as to why you might receive 0xc00007b error when trying to run an application on a windows machine. 0xc000007b error usually comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. For example 32bit application loads a 64bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.

Solution 1
In most cases it's .NET framework causing issues. This can easily fixed by re-installing latest .NET framework from microsoft

Solution 2
Re-install the application that you are trying to run. It sounds simple but the application data files could be corrupt or missing. This could be caused by a installation that did not complete successfully or by a virus.

Solution 3
Running the application as an administrator could fix this error. Right click on the program shortcut or program .exe file, then click on Properties, and on the Compatibility tab. Check the Run this program as an administrator box, and click on OK

solution 4
Restart your computer as some applications require restart after installation to function properly.

Solution 5
Run Windows update as it can provide application fixes and updates. Furthermore it installs missing drivers and updates the outdated ones like graphic card drivers. Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 users need to search for "windows update". select all important and optional updates and click on the "install updates" button. If you use Windows XP navigate navigate to Windows Update by choosing Start > All Programs > Windows Update. When the scan is complete,Click the Review and Install Updates link. Finally press the "install now" button. Re check for more windows updates after rebooting.

Solution 6 reinstall dll files, Direct X, and Net frame

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
8 Years Ago by kevin.S
Roundtree
Roundtree
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Thanks Kevin. I will give these a try.  I actually got Toshiba involved, but they were unable to fix the problem.

Earl
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
If you had a recent Windows 10 update, that may be the problem as Windows sometimes replaces the factory driver for the graphics card with a Windows version. Another area to check is to see if your graphics is actually being used instead of the built-in graphics (which may not support DX11).

There are some tips in this topic on how to set things up on a laptop: https://forum.reallusion.com/212526/How-to-Set-Up-an-Independent-GPU-Mode-for-Your-Notebook.

Another thing you can try is running the applications under DX9. In your Apps list, look for an option called iClone Graphics Mode and iClone Character Creator Graphics Mode, which allows you start the applications under DX 9. This will tell you that the programs work, but that something is wrong with the DX version.

If all this fails, it is best to contact support via this form: http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx.

BTW, if you have Windows 10 Pro, there is an option to defer updates, which avoids every new "feature" MS comes up with playing havoc with your PC.

EDIT: Kevin beat me in responding, try his suggestions first.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by animagic
Roundtree
Roundtree
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I know that his is a bit late, but Toshiba got one of their experts involved, who was able to solve the problem.  The problem was actually caused by the Windows Update.  Blast those darn Windows Updates!  
vrlab
vrlab
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi I know this is super late, but I had the exact same problem (but with a new Win10 64 bit system). 
Reinstalling the graphics card driver (Nvidia 2070) did the trick! 
RichardMSmith76
RichardMSmith76
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)

Today I discovered that neither CC3 (v3.11) nor iClone 7 would start in Windows 10. The last time I ran CC3 would have been last week. I *have* installed a Windows update since then.
I tried uninstalling CC3 and re-installing but that didn't make a difference.
I just updated my nVidia drivers to the latest version (436.48) and restarted the machine just in case.
Sadly, this has not fixed the problem. Sad

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 50 minutes ago
RichardMSmith76 (10/2/2019)
Today I discovered that neither CC3 (v3.11) nor iClone 7 would start in Windows 10. The last time I ran CC3 would have been last week. I *have* installed a Windows update since then.
I tried uninstalling CC3 and re-installing but that didn't make a difference.
I just updated my nVidia drivers to the latest version (436.48) and restarted the machine just in case.
Sadly, this has not fixed the problem.

The graphics drivers are likely the problem. There are known issues with latest Nvidia drivers. Please see the thread below for more information and try installing the 431.60 driver which should work.

https://forum.reallusion.com/419954/IMPORTANT-Nvidia-Graphics-Driver-43602-Issues

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

RichardMSmith76
RichardMSmith76
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)

Thank you Peter. That fixed it!

Rich

Reading This Topic