morph head on 3D character

Posted By swordflasher 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
swordflasher
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (908 reputation)Veteran Member (908 reputation)Veteran Member (908 reputation)Veteran Member (908 reputation)Veteran Member (908 reputation)Veteran Member (908 reputation)Veteran Member (908 reputation)Veteran Member (908 reputation)Veteran Member (908 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am experimenting with using a morph head from a photo on a 3D character. Eventually I would like to develop characters as custom content, so I really want to get this right.

Firstly, it doesn't look like there is a way to create a side profile under 'create face' as you can in Crazytalk itself - Is that correct? Not a problem if not, I can just have the character talking only when facing front, and add basic photo-based png sprites for the other angles..

Secondly, when I add pngs of the head at all the other angles in the sprite editor, the transitions between different angled head sprites are very jerky during 3D movements - is there a way to smooth these out, such as the capacity to add a few morph points to my different angled heads or photo-based body parts to get a smoother transition [I'm used to using morphing software like sqirlz or fantamorph].
If not morph points, is there a way to smooth things out on the timeline during/ after recording?

Lastly, only some 3D movements will alt-click across from iClone 5 to CA2 [pipeline], Many just port across, others the program just ignores. Is there a reason or solution for this please?

Many thanks for any input - really appreciate any tutoring as I as a newb to CA2.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi..

Morph based faces are designed for front facing characters only. If you want to be able to animate the head at various angles then you should try to use Sprite based head as you will get much better transitions between angles this way.

Regarding iClone motions, in CTA2 you should be able to import most iMotion files from iClone 5. Unfortunately you can't import motions created in or designed for iClone 6. Motion files from iClone 6 will be compatible with CTA3 but not CTA2 sadly.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic