Profile Picture

How Can I.....

Posted By dwbarnett 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dwbarnett
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
OK folks, so close to my 3D Frankenstein model.     I just can't seem to find a way to add the bolts to the neck.
I'm guessing I have to have some 3d structure on the neck to texture?   I have tried just editing the textures. but the bolt textures just lay flat on the surface. I can't get them to stick out from the neck.

Here is my CT8 project, and the 2D image I used.  The most identifying feature on ole franky, are the neck bolts.  You can see, it didn't turn out too bad, I just need the neck bolts, and I'll be all set.
Yes, I know I can use the 2D image, for my purposes; the 3D will work better.  Does anyone know of were I might find a 3D model of Franky? That might be easier to use.

Any help appreciated.  I have done some more editing as well, this project screen was taken earlier in my project.  Thanks for any help
Best,
David

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fdf7130a-58d3-4f8e-b28d-b983.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/df827d81-70d7-4834-880a-6621.jpg
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
not sure what kind of charactor your building
CC?
if so, 2 cylinders attached to the neck would work.

not sure about ct8.. dont use it that much

dwbarnett
dwbarnett
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi budbundy.  No, this character was created within CT8. For my purposes, I just need the upper body area.

Are you saying, using CC I could create my bolts on the neck?
Seems like an extra expense for me, as I'm not sure how often I would use CC.  CT8 so far, is accomplishing most of my needs.
Till it doesn't. :-)
I'll take a looksee at CC.  I can live without the bolts if needed. 
Here is what Franky looks like now. I can get by without the bolts, just think it would look better.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bf971b0b-a223-4764-a9e8-0aa5.jpg

Thanks for your info.
Best,
David

PS Hopefully, someday RI will produce some for Holiday Specific characters. IE Hollywood Monsters etc.

Edited
8 Years Ago by dwbarnett

Reading This Topic