Profile Picture

Should i wait for IC7 before getting the pipeline version ?

Posted By rogyru 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Should i wait for IC7 before getting the pipeline version ?

Author
rogyru
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Advice needed 
Seems i am going to need the pipeline version for what i want to do . I have the pro version at the moment. But was wondering if you buy  Iclone 7 do you have to buy a new version of 3Dexhange  as well ?
Would it be best just to wait until IC7 is out and get the exhange  pipeline then ?

Updated thread should have said 3DExchange 

Edited
8 Years Ago by rogyrue
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
rogyrue (9/7/2016)
Advice needed 
Seems i am going to need the pipeline version for what i want to do . I have the pro version at the moment. But was wondering if you buy  Iclone 7 do you have to buy a new export licence for that as well ?
Would it be best just to wait until IC7 is out and get the pipeline then ?

Export licenses are per content item, so they are independent of the version of iClone or 3DXchange. And because we don't know when IC7 will come out, you may have to wait a long time. Better to learn and enjoy iClone now! BTW, the versions of iClone and 3DXchange have to match, so IC7 would go with 3DXchange 7.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
As previously stated, just get the current version. IC7 wasn't even announced so you might as well wait for IC8 or 9 at this point. 

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 minutes ago
It's been mentioned a few times that iClone 7 is currently aimed at a January release. If your not in a rush, waiting a bit might be a good idea. Previous upgrades have had a period of about a month, if I recall, when buying the current version gets you a free upgrade. So, keep an eye out in December.

You don't want to end up buying it and having to pay to upgrade in couple months.
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

rampa (10/18/2016)
It's been mentioned a few times that iClone 7 is currently aimed at a January release. If your not in a rush, waiting a bit might be a good idea. Previous upgrades have had a period of about a month, if I recall, when buying the current version gets you a free upgrade. So, keep an eye out in December.

You don't want to end up buying it and having to pay to upgrade in couple months.

Thanks for the advice guys 

rampa
This is what i was thinking, i just wanted to be sure . I want to move to PBR when Iclone 7 comes out and i thought it was planned for a release early next year. I could not afford to buy the pipeline version twice in 6 months. And i dont think they give a better discount if you already own Iclone 6 pipeline. Will save my pennys for the release of Iclone 7 

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Just a question. I don't understand what is Iclone pipeline. I see Iclone Standart or Pro but no Pipeline...Ermm

http://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ic
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

There is no iClone Pipeline. There is 3DX Pipeline. It's actually a bit of a pet-peeve for me when people talk about iClone Pipeline.

There are bundles which contain iClone Pro and 3DX Pipeline. That may be where the confusion comes from. Smile
Edited
8 Years Ago by rampa
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mtakerkart (10/20/2016)
Just a question. I don't understand what is Iclone pipeline. I see Iclone Standart or Pro but no Pipeline...Ermm

http://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ic

My mistake i should have worded it 3DXchange 6 Pipeline  Blink
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Pipeline can export FBX and BVH for use in other software. The others versions of 3DX are for import, but they can export OBJ.

So Pipeline means a production pipeline to the non-iClone world, like game engines.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
My comment about the original question - "Should I wait?" - is that it depends on what you will and will not accomplish while waiting for iC7.  This is a recurring question for any software purchase that goes into your toolbox.

If you buy it now, you will have to "pay again" when iC7 is released.  However, you can start using it now.  You can start learning it now.  That way you get value today and you'll already be productive with it when iC7 comes out.

If you wait, you save some money, but you lose out on the value gained from having the software.

We anticipate iC7 to be released in "early" 2017, but what does that mean?  First quarter?  (That's certainly not late in the year.)  In that case it could be near the end of March.  That might be a long time to wait.  Even a best-case scenario would be early January, which is still 10 weeks away.

I figured I'd add those comments for your consideration.  Even though you probably went through that thought process already, sometimes it's good to see it written out.

As for what Pipeline does, I think it also includes "licensing" aspects, taking care of certain legal issues, which really sets it apart from 3DXchange.  Someone who uses iClone to create "game assets" can explain that more.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic