Profile Picture

Question about EULA

Posted By crazymmogamer 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
crazymmogamer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello. First of all I would like to say that I'm really interested in buying one of the IClone bundles. I think its a really great piece of software. But before I'll decide to make a purchase which isn't cheap, I would like to ask a question about some specific things included in EULA.

Here are some things from Reallusion Software EULA which makes me confused:

You may generate, sell and redistribute your movies created with iClone and/or CrazyTalk and /or CrazyTalk Animator with full ownership and use-rights to the output media in Image or Video format within the output guidelines of this agreement.

You are authorized to use "Output" images or animations (renderings) generated using 'The Models' withi n iClone and/or CrazyTalk and/or CrazyTalk Animator (including royalty -free use for broadcast, commercial, industrial, educational, and personal.) Renderings must be of your original creation and are restricted from being sold or distributed as either a single image, part of clip-art library, or stock video or image collection.

Does that mean, that if i'll make an character in Iclone character creator, animate it in Iclone, lets say ill make a walk cycle from a side view. Than render it and ill make a sprite sheet of that character made from, lets say 8-12 frames, I'll edit it in photoshop and save as .png file. I still wont be able to sell it as a sprite sheet which could be used in for example any sprite based 2d game development program?

Basicly the most important question for me is. Am I able to sell rendered by me image files? In these case sprite sheet via for example unity store or something. Or if ill make a Visual novel, using parts of edited renders, will I be able to sell it?
Edited
8 Years Ago by crazymmogamer
Chilly Willy
Chilly Willy
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
crazymmogamer (8/27/2016)
Basicly the most important question for me is. Am I able to sell rendered by me image files? In these case sprite sheet via for example unity store or something. Or if ill make a Visual novel, using parts of edited renders, will I be able to sell it?

Rendered image(s) must follow this:
"Renderings must be of your original creation and are restricted from being sold or distributed as either a single image, part of clip-art library, or stock video or image collection."

This clearly states what you can not sell. Also, nowehre does it permit selling sprite sheets.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Chilly Willy
crazymmogamer
crazymmogamer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)

Hmmm ok. So basicly we are not allowed to sell anything ? We cant sell Visual novels, comic books, rendered backgrounds images ? Can someone explain me than, what we are allowed to do with IClone ? Because it looks like theres not much. So if i'll make animated character sprite (save it in .png) and than ill use it to create my own game in Visionaire studio or adventure creator in unity, I wont be able to sell that game as well ? Than are there any ways to make a money by using Iclone ? Because for me it looks like theres not many tbh.

Oh wait but its not only about selling. Theres a word "distributed" also, so all those rendered scenes on google images are illegal?

I'v sent those question to reallusion support yestarday also, but still havent got any respond so far.
Edited
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
crazymmogamer (8/28/2016)
Hmmm ok. So basicly we are not allowed to sell anything ? We cant sell Visual novels, comic books, rendered backgrounds images ? Can someone explain me than, what we are allowed to do with IClone ? Because it looks like theres not much. So if i'll make animated character sprite (save it in .png) and than ill use it to create my own game in Visionaire studio or adventure creator in unity, I wont be able to sell that game as well ? Than are there any ways to make a money by using Iclone ? Because for me it looks like theres not many tbh.

Oh wait but its not only about selling. Theres a word "distributed" also, so all those rendered scenes on google images are illegal?

I'v sent those question to reallusion support yestarday also, but still havent got any respond so far.

There are lots of things you can sell under the EULA. For example, you can make a movie for commercial use or monetise it on YouTube, you can make educational or training videos which you can sell, you could create and sell a comic book using rendered images, you could create a game using iClone content which could be sold. The restriction simply prohibits the selling of single images and using the content in stock image or video libraries.

For your sprite sheet question, I would advise submitting your request to our marketing team who will evaluate it and if agreeable we will issue you with a mass distribution license. To receive a license agreement letter from Reallusion, please provide a full description of your plans and any relevant website links and other relevant information to marketing@reallusion.com for us to evaluate.

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

crazymmogamer
crazymmogamer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

So if i'll use those sprites in my own game, for example made in unity, ill be able to sell that game? What about if ill render for example some background images made in iclone and post them on my website/blog for free (non-commercial) ?

Also in this case "Renderings must be of your original creation and are restricted from being sold or distributed as either a single image, part of clip-art library, or stock video or image collection.", a comic book will be an image collection.

So could someone give me few examples what I'm gonna be able to do with rendered images? Whitout breaking EULA.

Edited

Reading This Topic