Converting Daz3D Character (OBJ file) to non standard human

Posted By DGShiga 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Converting Daz3D Character (OBJ file) to non standard human

Author
DGShiga
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi,

I know it is possible to convert a Daz3D FBX file to non standard human in 3DXchange, however I was wondering if it is possible to convert an OBJ file to non standard human, and if so how is it done?

The imported OBJ character file does not give me the option to convert to non standard human, therefore I can't export it into iClone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
vidi
vidi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
OBJ files have no Bones 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

DGShiga
DGShiga
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)

Hi vidi,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Is there anyway to manipulate the eyes of a character imported as a FBX file from Daz3D in 3DXchange?

The problem I am having when I import a toon character from Daz in FBX is that the eyes are popping out of the head when loaded into 3DXchange. Is there a way to 'grab' the eyes and put them back inside the head? 
vidi
vidi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

in this case , the eyes are made with DFormer 
That mean flat eyes,  but are rollable 
The Problem you can not export DFormer.
 It will change  the eyes to spheres again . Therefore it looks like popping out .

Is possible to fix this with with AvatarToolkit .http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_AvatarToolkit.aspx
For that you need extract the eyes and import it seperatly to iclone.
Then use the Avatar tool to make the eyes movements and then scale the Eyes flat again to fit with the Head   

Is not a easy to explain the whole workaround in few words .
But it is not impossible to do.
I had do it for some of my own Character,  too. 

liebe Grüße vidi

DGShiga
DGShiga
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks vidi for your support.

As I am new to the 3D animation world, I will have to find a way to 'extract' the eyes from a Daz character.

I am guessing if I have success with that, then I should export  the eyes from Daz as and FBX file, not an OBJ file, right?
vidi
vidi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Import the separate Eyes can be as obj,  but the Character without eyes as FBX
The eyes are now accessory in this case, and will be movable with the Avatar Controller.

liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic