Posted By eternityblue 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea.png
eternityblue
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I personally love using the TTS function, it is just perfect for me, I have a mic but I can think out the dialog better with TTS. Just I'd like more voices. If anyone can tell me how to install more in Win 10 that would be great. I have language packs installed in the OS but only three appear for iClone.

So, besides more voices, my real feature request is profile presets, so you can set a voice, speed and pitch and save that as a TTS voice preset. That would make it much easier to maintain consistency across characters in my scenes.

I do know Reallusion has the online TTS but the draw of the TTS internally is the very speedy workflow. Once I have to go outside, then TTS is way less attractive. As I see it, TTS will just get better and better and be more a part of previsualization and even production. For my little hobby stuff it just makes things easier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Normally, voices installed for Windows should also be visible in iClone. The one exception I know of is when the installed voice is restricted for use in a specific application.

Reallusion had a deal with a third-party vendor of TTS voices that work with iClone. I can't think of the brand right now. If you search for TTS on this forum, it may come up. We had quite a discussion regarding the permissions of actually using the voices in an animation.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Win 10 is limited with only 2  voices offered. SO.....I use Natural reader w/ many voice packs (only works on NR) but you have to buy the voice packs you want besides the ones you get in your package deal they offer. It is the best com Voices out there.
Save the voice to wav.....wala load into your IC character and your set.
Also you can set the pronunciation. Nice!
It does not get any better than that.

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

I'm downloading Natural Reader now, but I do wish I could access more voices. Windows actually shows 12 English voices installed, I have installed all the language packs from the Windows 10 Speech Language settings page. So in Windows, I can use any of these, but I have three available in iClone. (David, Hazel, and Zira). 

Anyhow, I do think this will become a more sophisticated and integral part of animating and filmmaking in general, so it would be really nice to see Reallusion take a load role in that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK, Natural Reader Free just has the same voices available as iClone. I installed a demo voice, but that doesn't make it available to the system and therefore iClone. Honestly I want to bypass switching windows, saving and loading files etc. I like how it works in iClone flawlessly and simply, just I want more voices Smile I imagine I could fine an app that would let me use all 10 system voices and write to a file, so I will look for that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
with NR free.....Yes it is limited. You have to buy the program and voice packs you want. They offer many packages. (as I stated before). Morphvox Pro is also great. or (free Voxal voice changer>must record audio from it)
Windows actually shows 12 English voices installed ??? Can you tell me their names? I only have 2 as claimed by MS support so I am lost on how you have 12......

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

George, David, Catherine, Hazel, Susan, Heera, Linda, Zira, Ravi, James, Mark and Richard. I installed the voice packs for all the English speaking countries. I also did get the Eva voice to show in iClone, so I have four available voices total.

http://windowsreport.com/unlock-new-text-to-speech-voice-windows-10/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

George, David, Catherine, Hazel, Susan, Heera, Linda, Zira, Ravi, James, Mark and Richard. I installed the voice packs for all the English speaking countries. I also did get the Eva voice to show in iClone, so I have four available voices total.

http://windowsreport.com/unlock-new-text-to-speech-voice-windows-10/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reading This Topic