Importing new motions in 3dx

Posted By Alien Maniac 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have 3dx 6 Pipeline.
I have some new motions (over 100) (FBX) format. NOT from daz.

as I am new to doing this and can not find any RL tutorials on it (Only for DAZ).......I need advice.
Exactly how do I do it?
i can load the motion. no problem. Then ??????  (No character just the motion)
Now???
Do I need to have a character to set the motion/s to? OR
can I just save the motions to my Motions folder? I tried that and they are not there. It says exported to IC6. BUT they are NOT THERE.

Thanks for any tips!

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Load a character into 3dxchange, import the motion and add to perform menu. Export to Iclone by clicking on the export in file menu, deselect export geometry so only the motion file exports to Iclone.

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Ahhhso

Thank you. I suppose that means that I can only use them on that specific character?
I am wanting the new motions to use with all characters. Is that not possible?

Thanks much!

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 16 minutes ago
It works the same way, whether it's BVH or FBX. You characterize one, and then import the rest using that template.

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa
If I understand you correctly,
I load a character in 3dx 6P.
then import my 1st motion to that character. and then import all of the other 99 motions and that will be saved in my motions folder but not just for that one character? This is kinda confusing me as I have not done this before. Sorry. RL needs to make a tutorial for this.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

You open your first motion. It will openin as either a model already, or a stick figure. Then you do the regular characterization process. Once you've done that, you can load the remaining motions into the motion library in the right-hand panel. Use the import button there, and shift select all the motions at once in the import dialog. It'll ask if you want to use the current characterization. Click on yes, and you'll get a confirmation that all motions have been converted.

Save (export) your avatar from the file menu. Just clicking send to iClone will not save the motions.
Edited
8 Years Ago by rampa
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I got these motion files from Animstreet Motions. 100 bvh motion files.
1.   If i load a motion in 3dx and apply to ic6.......I get the stick figure with the motion working fine.
2.   Rampa: regular characterization process? Sorry, I am totally new to this.
3.   Sw000000p: When I try that.....INVALID ANIMATION FILE!

I feel like a fish outa water here......LOL

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You start by opening the BVH or FBX in 3DX. You do NOT start with a character from iClone.

Did you miss this? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZoPf6yMf1Q#t=55

Here's another. Skip over the Max part in the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icjwZUv4RW4

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ok, I FOUND A PROBLEM. The stick character is not human at all. weird looking too! Wo
There is no way to set them up.

So a big no go I guess. Oh well, at least I learned how......Smile and that's a good thing. SmileAlien

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Send me the file Bray. I'll see if I can figure it out. Smile

And, if you want, here's some libraries I've converted in the past.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3nsNVGroEz6dkE5S0RXOGdRenc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3nsNVGroEz6MWlELW9Mc2NENUE

Edited
8 Years Ago by rampa

Reading This Topic