1st real attempt using iClone 6

Posted By sjonesdc 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sjonesdc
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Here are the last 3 scenes from my first real attempt creating a video in iClone 6.  The dialog is from "No Fear Shakespeare."  The lighting is from a set from myClone.

Hope I pass the grade....

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Very nice. Love the lighting.
I think a bit of smoothing/blending is needed on the avatar's and the camera's... but looking great otherwise.Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I, too, enjoyed the lighting.  Very dramatic.
My recommendation would be to add some shadows.  Neither your character nor the furniture cast any shadows.
Very nice start.  Thanks for sharing.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
A good beginning and well designed coverage on the scene. Consider trying to loosen up your animations using Puppet Controller and add secondary animation and a looser feel to your work.

I am a big believer in using close ups as well once you have established the Master shot. The ending comes up quickly and I wasn't sure who the second character was. Set up the relationship between characters early on so the audience isn't confused.

Nice lighting - but as noted, consistent shadows are needed

Keep up the good work.
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Thanks guys for  your feedback and suggestions.  I really appreciate it.

Mark - when you say "a bit of smoothing" are you referring to "ease out/ease in"?

justaviking - will work on adding shadows.

jgrant - I've never tried the Puppet Controller - will need to read up on it. What do you mean by "secondary animation"??  Will try and add one or two close ups. The last scene will be the last scene in the video and the relationship will be established in earlier scenes.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Taking jgrant's, justaviking's and mark's suggestings, here is version 2 of the last 3 scenes. The only item I'm not sure about is jgrant suggestion of adding "secondary animation."  
I am aware it still needs work.....

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thumbs up.   Smile

I also really enjoyed going through the "cone of light" when the camera panned to the side.  Nice artistic touch.
(UPDATE... I watched the old one again, and see the "cone of light" was there before, just from a different perspective.  Anyway, I liked it.)

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
4413Media
4413Media
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

I would add an idle animation and have a character go for a reach dummy, that way it seems much more fluid.

One of my biggest lessons that I got from iclone is that if it doesn't work, then cheat- don't show the broken product. Hide it with the camera. With this scene, I wouldn't have the camera flying around. It draws attention to the broken product than the lighting in my opinion.

I would have done a close up of the character, maybe establish a shot of the gun. Close ups are big, with iClone finally having the ability to make some amazing custom characters. Show it off. Have a look at the image below. You could have the ability to determine the mood and setting with a close up.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a6344685-ca3d-4c31-bc2f-1c9d.jpg

A good close up is a great weapon for dramatic material; it forces the audience to draw into the shot. Some of the most tense moments occur with a close up.  With material like Shakespeare, it's something to heavily invest in. 

iClone Certified Director and makes miserable Westerns.
Edited
8 Years Ago by BenjaminTuttle
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Justaviking,

I very glade you like the scenes.  I know it needs some more work.

BenjaminTuttle,

Thank you for taking the time to view my short video and helping me improve. When you say "One of my biggest lessonsthat I got from iclone is that if it doesn't work, then cheat- don't show thebroken product. Hide it with the camera", I'm not sure what is "broken". I'm still trying to warp my head around all of this.

Thank you again!!!!!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

4413Media
4413Media
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

sjonesdc (6/9/2016)
Justaviking,

BenjaminTuttle,

Thank you for taking the time to view my short video and helping me improve. When you say "One of my biggest lessonsthat I got from iclone is that if it doesn't work, then cheat- don't show thebroken product. Hide it with the camera", I'm not sure what is "broken". I'm still trying to warp my head around all of this.

Oh anything that sticks out like a sore thumb like stiff animation or feet sliding. Or if something falls to the ground, let the audience fill information themselves. 

iClone Certified Director and makes miserable Westerns.

Reading This Topic