The Journey - Part 1

Posted By thedirector1974 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
thedirector1974
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 days ago
Hi Folks,

As you may know I work on a western movie project for some years. Stopped it, cause I needed a new PC and now I decided to release the first part of the story, because I wanted to show something after all those time. It's 17 minutes long and this is my last movie I made with iClone 5.
The second part will be made mostly with iClone 6, except the parts I already done last year. I will start with production as soon as I finish "Mum is dead" ...

Have fun ...

Direx
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Wow that was very very nice thedirector1974!  Great job! w00t

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Good piece of work. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

John

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

gregsin
gregsin
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
NIce work director!  Great flow to the story.
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I have been waiting for this since you gave us the WIP video for it. It came out amazing Director. Smile   I so love your camera work. Kiss It keeps the eye  interested and won't allow the flow to bog down. Sets are exceptional and  contained a lot of detail. I know how much work it can be to make an outdoor set that gives the illusion of great spaces and you've done an outstanding job. Your use of light and shadow was very creative and added much to the realism of the entire piece. Superb work all around, Bravo.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Still an amazing piece of work!!!BigGrinBigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Really nicely done. You captured the "wide open" feel quite well. Smile
pmaina
pmaina
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Excellent piece. You have demonstrated iClone 5 potential for storytelling very well.

What I really liked:
1. The acting / facial expressions. Fantastic job!
2. Attention to detail
3. The epic widescreen shots
4. Editing / cuts in certain places (like the moment when the guy in the loo gets shot)

Just to go beyond the kudos and perhaps give some helpful (I hope..) feedback...?

Suggestions for improvement:
1. Animation could use some fine tuning e.g. sometimes a hand disappears into another hand or body, girl in first scene runs like Arnold Schwartzenegger and that's kinda distracting 
2. The story: I felt like it had a sort of a predictable "kill-bill" feel to it. One person on a revenge spree.  
3. Timing, more natural for the rabbit to scamper off before the horse is seen for example
4. The pacing: I felt like some shots were too drawn out (assuming for suspense) 
5. The camera angles didn't appear to hide problems effectively (e.g. when foley hooves sound doesn't match the horse's walk) 
6. At some point it looks like you crossed over genres and went into horror. This is interesting artistically - but is a distraction and can confuse the audience - considering they expected a www film.
7. Complicated delivery. Not clear who the protagonist is and why we should care for him till much later via exposition... and the antagonist is not strong enough (or given sufficient introduction) to offer promise of excitement.

Overall rating: 5 stars!

You chose a very difficult genre to animate (epic www) and actually managed to pull it off. The absolutely massive amount of work and effort it took to get to that level of detail (across various "departments"!) is just amazing. Well done, hats off & much respect!
TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Really enjoyed this and looking forward to seeing more. One thing that really caught my eye and I wondered how you did it was the scene where the guy was lying on the bed sleeping and his chest was moving as he breathed. I thought that was very effective, how did you achieve that?
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
Thank you very much for your comments ... Smile
To achieve this breathing animtion, you just go to the "Edit Motion Layer" tab, then pin the hands of the avatar. When you done that, you need to rotate the upper and the lower chest, set a keyframe, rotate it back, set a keyframe. Copy those kexframes as much as you need it and make sure the transition is set to "ease in & out" ...

That's it ...

Direx

Reading This Topic