ESC 2016

Posted By JIX 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Just noticed that the european "Eurovision Song Contest" is broadcasted in the US for the first time right now on TV.

It´s the biggest music contest worldwide. Might be interesting for you guys on the other side of the pond. Go for it!
tripfreak
tripfreak
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If you followed this invitation you probably noticed the poor performance of Germany in the contest ...
That's the "price" of political correctness = the "first place from behind" !

One of the best singers from Germany (LINK) who was first nomimated was later suspended due to political reasons.
And thus, the 2nd time in a row Germany "won" the last place !

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/485ec5c6-3d05-4058-900d-1e43.jpg

What you deserve is what you get ! Laugh

--------------------------------------------------

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Problem is that German and Art are two separate worlds....
Listen to any German songs on the radio and you will understand it Sick
...but, btw, what has this to do with 3D animation and RL ???? Unsure

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
8 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
tripfreak
tripfreak
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

That's probably your personal taste.
But I forgive you, since you don't know the whole spectrum. Wink

...but, btw, what has this to do with 3D animation and RL ????

Ask JJJAM ? Blink

--------------------------------------------------

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
tripfreak (5/15/2016)

That's probably your personal taste.
But I forgive you, since you don't know the whole spectrum. Wink

Well.... with no offense for anybody, that's a fact, not a matter of personal taste.
They excel in organization, in planning & documenting, they are generally more honest than people living in other countries, they respect (actually love) the nature, surely a lot of plus... but if we come to the art... well, with the due exceptions (which always and luckily exist), they are really behind.
Being Italian, I can tell you that, vice verse, we have outstanding artists (and wonderful sense of humor, which, btw, is also not the most developed thing in Germany...) but we lack all the rest I mentioned above Tongue BigGrin

Cheers

Roberto

PS: trust me, I know more than you may imagine. So, do not jump to conclusions about what people may or may not know

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
8 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hahaha ... that was a good one RobertoColombo! It seems you broke the world picture of a selected few by your comment. Wink

Actually due to globalization the situation is not that bad anymore, but let me put it like that, art is not the core competence of Germans, I guess. 

Btw ... I posted this, because I knew that they use a lot of background animation on stage in this event lately.
RB3006
RB3006
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Well.... with no offense for anybody, that's a fact, not a matter of personal taste.
They excel in organization, in planning & documenting, they are generally more honest than people living in other countries, they respect (actually love) the nature, surely a lot of plus... but if we come to the art... well, with the due exceptions (which always and luckily exist), they are really behind.
Being Italian, I can tell you that, vice verse, we have outstanding artists (and wonderful sense of humor, which, btw, is also not the most developed thing in Germany...) but we lack all the rest I mentioned above Tongue BigGrin

Sorry
Roberto, but I´m afraid, you have absolute no idea. Hehe

Gruß
Robert

DANKE für Haare und Kleidung:, die nicht durch den Avatar geht !!! Rolleyes

primaveranz
primaveranz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
RobertoColombo (5/15/2016)

You should be very careful about casually propagating national stereotypes, Roberto.
When I was growing up, It was "a fact, not a matter of personal taste"   that Italians were cowards who always ran away from a fight. I don't believe that and I don't believe what you are stating about Germans.
What starts off as "banter" can turn ugly very quickly on forums, and this forum rarely needs an excuse to go bad.

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
The outcome of the ESC is not so much a reflection on the Germans as on the corruption of the current system. It is a completely irrelevant spectacle and has been so for years. That's from my perspective as displaced European.

BTW, Germany has great artists. The ESC has little to do with art.

And since when is Australia part of Europe?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by animagic
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
animagic (5/16/2016)
And since when is Australia part of Europe?

Ever since they overhauled the American education system again.  Tongue

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic