Profile Picture

Newbie Questions

Posted By lifestraveler34 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lifestraveler34
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
New trial user here with a few questions and observations with CT8. The sticky post on changing username is 9 years old, doesn't seem to still be relevant to this current forum format? So there is no natural hair in 3D mode? That would be a HUGE shortcoming for me if true. If so, I hope that would be something that is being worked on. In 2D mode, the spacebar pan hand doesn't work, or is that just a me thing? Aren't there any Bezier points and handles that we can use/add to help refine the path? Even if we could add more points, similar to Fantamorph perhaps. Just like you have the ability to enlarge the view of the project you are working on, wouldn't it be nice if you could enlarge the sample picture to see more clearly where to place the points? Overall, seems like a pretty good program for the price, but would like it if someone could show me that I'm just missing a few things that are already here. Thanks.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Nope, hair is at a minimum.  Of the few styles they do have, none of them look good. RL is more interested in giving goofy hairdos, goofy hats, and goofy accessories.  They forget people want to use this for serious things too, and not everything has to be so goofy. Spacebar pan doesn't work, it stop and starts the playback. And no there are not any bezier points or handles. Unfortunately, you get what you get.
lifestraveler34
lifestraveler34
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)

Thanks for the reply Wizaerd, I appreciate it. I think you called it on the money with it being a little more geared towards 'goofy.' I don't mind that at all, but as you mentioned not everyone is looking for that. I also would love to see their marking points having the ability of Bezier handles. People that struggle with them wouldn't have to use them, but it would allow far more control and precision for those of us that are used to using them. As for the hair, I've got to believe that I can't be the only one that thinks that's a huge shortcoming of the program, and hopefully their developers are working on it!  Smile  Thanks again.
Toon Dude
Toon Dude
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Are special effects built into Iclone 6, such as rain, water flow, snow etc?  Can character's hair length  be adjusted like their bodies?  Also is their a good place to find ancient jewish/arab/eygptian clothing for charaters?  I'm so  grateful that you are willing to help the new guy.  Thank you so nvery much!
Toon Dude
Toon Dude
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Also I heard that freebes may be downloaded from somewhere - I can't find the location, can you please help?  Thank you in advance.
Xentient
Xentient
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

lifestraveler34 (4/17/2016)
Thanks for the reply Wizaerd, I appreciate it. I think you called it on the money with it being a little more geared towards 'goofy.' I don't mind that at all, but as you mentioned not everyone is looking for that. I also would love to see their marking points having the ability of Bezier handles. People that struggle with them wouldn't have to use them, but it would allow far more control and precision for those of us that are used to using them. As for the hair, I've got to believe that I can't be the only one that thinks that's a huge shortcoming of the program, and hopefully their developers are working on it!  Smile  Thanks again.

Fiber hair controlling splines would be cool. Nowadays you get these advanced things with games. I can't understand how a 3d character animation software maker managed to overlook these things. What shocks me is there isn't even face blendshape or morph target controllers. 

I don't mind goofy since I make goofy toons. I'm still watching iclone from the side line because I can't stretch my goofy character's face and ears if and when inspirations strikes. By the time people export to 3dxc, export to ext, make blendshape, reimport to 3dx, add blendshape to puppet thingy, reimport to iclone......inspiration has fizzled away. 
lifestraveler34
lifestraveler34
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

' By the time people export to 3dxc, export to ext, make blendshape, reimport to 3dx, add blendshape to puppet thingy, reimport to iclone......inspiration has fizzled away.'
LOL, in a 'I'm with ya on that one Bro' way!  Wink

Reading This Topic