A Couple of Interface Improvement Suggestions :

Posted By pumeco 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

The first is regards those interface colour swatches in the preferences panel, they don't seem to work.  As the iClone interface is so clean and looks to be comprised of very few colours, it would be nice to be able to adjust each colour the interface is comprised of.  I do like the chosen colours, so for me it's no biggie, but it would be nice to change the colours used by the interface.

The second is regards the Background colour swatch, seems odd that it's under a 'Project Preferences' window,  it seems like the whole '2D Background' section should under the 'Visual' panel instead.
Again, no biggie, it just seems odd to have it where it is.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Those swatches are little unintuitive, but do work. Click on one, and then restart iClone. You don't get instant feedback.
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

I don't get any feedback, nothing happens at all.  If I click them nothing happens so that I can change the colour, it just behaves as if I never clicked it.
Restarting iClone does nothing cause I was never able to change the colour in the first place Unsure

Are you referring to the interface colours or the background colour?
Changing the background colour works, but the interface swatches just sit there as if they're not designed to be clickable.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
pumeco (4/2/2016)

I don't get any feedback, nothing happens at all.  If I click them nothing happens so that I can change the colour, it just behaves as if I never clicked it.
Restarting iClone does nothing cause I was never able to change the colour in the first place Unsure

Are you referring to the interface colours or the background colour?
Changing the background colour works, but the interface swatches just sit there as if they're not designed to be clickable.

If your UI has the green title bars, click on the gray swatch and restart iclone. Your title bars will now be gray. You will not see any feedback when you click on them, not even a hilight, nor an outline, truly nada, nicto! Just have faith. Click on the color your not currently using and restart iClone. Tongue

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Duh, I see what you mean ... I was expecting a colour selector to pop-up so that I can select my own colours for each colour used in the interface.
Not much use the way it is, RL, cause sometimes I'm in the mood for some sexy Red-Coloured trim!

Cheers, rampa.

Reading This Topic