Posture Control for CC :

Posted By pumeco 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Something that has quickly started to get annoying about the otherwise awesome CC, is the complete lack of posture control.

Some women, when you look at them from the side, have a nice feminine curve or 'arch' to the back.  I've been trying to work on figures like that and am getting constantly frustrated cause I'm having to visualise her in that default T-Pose, and that's not very constructive if you're working on a curvy babe or whatever.  Please allow us some control over the posture, this could easily be done by letting us to load a pose we created in iClone so that we can work on the figure while in any pose we choose.  The default T- Pose isn't always ideal if you're trying to visualise something specific as you work.  The Pose is the first thing that should be considered, that's the way to rough-out the posture before you start tweaking, but it's missing from CC.

I've attached some highly scientific images to demonstrate the curve of a womans back, so you can compare them to a side-view of the T-Pose in CC, cause a T-Pose just doesn't cut it for this stuff :

http://masculon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/arched-backs-35.jpg?430c29

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/arched-backs-03.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Just wanted to update what I said about importing a pose in the original post ... it would not work.

The problem is that the figure would return to the default posture when brought back into iClone or was distributed to other users.  That's no good, so there needs to be a way to dial-in posture adjustments directly in CC using the dials, adjustments that can be 'Baked' into the figure just like the morphs can.

Some blazingly obvious posture adjustments that come to mind are :
- The arch of the back and tilt of the hip
- Slouch and the reverse
- Shoulders forward and back
- Shoulders up and down
- Stance

We really need to be able to adjust this stuff to make the design process of a figure complete, so please consider posture dials Smile
The more I use CC, the more I need these controls.

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 hours ago
I'm not absolutely sure about this, but it may be that in iClone the desired default pose could be made part of a persona, which can then be a attached to a character. Now for your character to be useful to other users I would think that the very attractive pose you show here would be good for modeling and presentation purposes, but less so as a pose to start animating from.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Poses alone would not work, because a pose isn't part of a figure.  Even if we could pose the figure to get the posture we wanted, the problem would arise when you distribute that figure, cause the pose would be lost, so that means all your hard work making the figure look correct with a certain posture would be lost as well.  When another user loads your figure, it needs to come in with the posture you decided on for it, so really, it absolutely needs to be baked into the figure just like the morphs and textures are.

The best way to do it is to have dials for setting the posture, so that technically, when the hip rotation is adjusted for example, what it's actually doing under the hood is just changing the rotation of the bone relative to the mesh.  I reckon that's the best way cause it means that it becomes part of the figure rather than relying on a pose.  However it's done, it needs to be done inside CC and it needs to be bakeable into the figure.  I have no idea if it's possibe, but I think it would be and I hope they do it cause posture is a major part of every figure.

A pose should never be part of a figure, but posture absolutely should be cause every real-world figure has one.

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Where did you get this pictures of my gf?! Tongue
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Now listen here, JJJAM, you're perfectly entitled to your fantasies!
But that's all they are, my friend, just fantasies BigGrin

JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

True, but imagination will get you everywhere. Go figure! Wink
Lukepan(RL)
Lukepan(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)

Actually, CC1.5 will let you import a pose or adjust IK/FK to see. I think that is what you want. It may help you to create your character or clothes.
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey Luke, that's great news, thanks for the heads-up!

Getting the bodyshapes we want will be a lot easier with this feature, that's for sure, so cool to hear it's coming.
I suppose we could always distribute our own default posture poses if we distributed characters.

You must be one of the new programmers, wow, I'm seeing lots of new RL names on the forum lately Smile
RL seem to be doing some big-time future investing!

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Lukepan(RL) (3/31/2016)
Actually, CC1.5 will let you import a pose or adjust IK/FK to see. I think that is what you want. It may help you to create your character or clothes.

It sounds to me OP wants to set custom T-pose to CC...
something still possible in iClone6 for non-Standard characters.
Perhaps add Avatar Proportion type pose/gait adjust inside CC too, so users get to set T-pose without needing to visit 3DX.

Import pose and adjust IK/FK, sounds good... Smile
Please don't forget import FACE pose too
Mouth check is crucial post morphing...some phonemes and jaw drops

I hope CC will get the 3DX benefits of non-Standards
  • Adjust bones
  • Assign extended bones for face and body
  • Resurrecting face and body joint driven morphs for custom 3DX6 profile (possible in 3DX5/G5)

I understand CC avatar full integration into iClone or 3DX is a WIP...
I look forward to CC improvement for local use.
Making CC morph-versatile and pose-agile WITHIN ICLONE is not just good for character animators...
IMHO the character system needs to work seamlesly at home before it is ripe for export and wider adoption.

And nice to see more RL participation in the forums
noted and appreciated! Smile

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Bellatrix

Reading This Topic