Alien Interface & Reluctant Mage Test Clips

Posted By warlord720 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
warlord720
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Two more tests. The first one...alien interface is a pre-viz for a client. The second is a private project. I'm not running into any problems so far but I still haven't used the full suit yet. Be interesting to see about crossing a room and interacting with an object. It wasn't that long ago that it wouldn't possible to do both of these clips in a few hours over a couple of days. A very efficient pipeline so far.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Looks great!
Walt_R
Walt_R
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Fantastic!  How long did it take you to initially set up the hardware and software of MoCap? Once installed is animating as simple as putting on some gloves or is there a lot of cleanup of motion to do afterward? Once again, thanks for all your helpful and informative tuts and videos, Warlord.
Edited
8 Years Ago by llmagazine
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Excellent demo Warlord and I really like the look of that Mage clip. Some good acting skills there too! Something that people tend to overlook when they are looking at MOCAP gear - you need to be able to throw yourself into the act.

Wish I could afford it... 
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Initial setup was quick and easy. Installation is straightforward. They make it sound harder than it is. For regular usage after you get it going it takes about 5 to 10 minutes for me to put the neurons in the suit so it can take longer to get the suit going than the actual mocap itself. Its much simpler than Kinect was to get installed and I like this type of motion capture better than camera type captures because it doesn't seem to transfer your physique or body type to the MoCap. That way you don't have a 5-year-old girl with brutish shoulders. Very little to almost no clean up which blows Kinect out of the water for me. I have to adjust the thumbs at the beginning as they have a problem and delete the parts you don't want like the beginning and ending where I start and stop the session but that's about it except for visual tweaks that are personal preference. Thanks for watching.

So far I've used the one arm and half body set up. A person can do quite a bit without the full suit as lower leg motion can be added easily in iClone with masking in the Motion Puppet.

Thanks everyone for watching.

llmagazine (2/25/2016)
Fantastic!  How long did it take you to initially set up the hardware and software of MoCap? Once installed is animating as simple as putting on some gloves or is there a lot of cleanup of motion to do afterward? Once again, thanks for all your helpful and informative tuts and videos, Warlord.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thanks for posting, Warlord! I'm considering PN and clips that portray normal gestures and motions are very helpful.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
That's really cool warlord!  BigGrin
I'll be saving my penny's for the Neuron setup, I wasn't so impressed with the results people were getting with the Kinetic setup even though it is cheaper, so are the results IMO.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Reading This Topic