Profile Picture

How do you put extra content into Iclone 5?

Posted By SofiaBlues 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SofiaBlues
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I recently got a few downloads like some clothing and some hair and props.

How do I import them into Iclone 5?
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
SofiaBlues (2/14/2016)
I recently got a few downloads like some clothing and some hair and props.

How do I import them into Iclone 5?

It depends. If they are installer files (.EXE extension) then you need to double-click them and they will be installed. We are now at iClone 6 so you have to make sure that the content is compatible with iClone 5.

Some content, including anything from the MarketPlace, is distributed as an .RLD file. Rather than saving that file you need to select 'Run" when prompted. It will then download the content and install it.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by animagic
GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
It is very easy to install Marketplace content into iC5 (provided the items are compatible with iC5). When you launch the installer from the marketplace a popup window opens:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2b39865d-83c6-449d-8139-173b.jpg
Simply click on the blue writing to install to a specified version. Once you click on the link, another pop-up window will open:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a60bb55e-6bd4-44bb-a921-9db5.jpg
Simply place checks in the boxes for installation to the SW version desired & click the OK button & as long as the content is compatible with that version, it will install there.  Easy peasy! Smile

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

Edited
8 Years Ago by GrannyJ

Reading This Topic