Profile Picture

MAC: No access to extra content of installed CrazyTalk 7 Pro in CrazyTalk 8 Pro

Posted By rainwebs 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

MAC: No access to extra content of installed CrazyTalk 7 Pro in...

Author
rainwebs
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
A bit strange to me that I install the CrazyTalk 8 Pro besides an already existing CrazyTalk 7 Pro with extra content installed, like business avatars, and get no access to this content in the content manager of CrazyTalk 8 Pro.

So what's the next step? Re-install the CrazyTalk 7 content (is CrazyTalk 8 recognized then)? Work in CrazyTalk 7 Pro for 2D Characters?

BTW: I invested about 5 minutes after installation to get into a trap: the full screen presentation of a character blocked the screen (two monitors). No escape. I had to hard-close the application.

Blog | Poser
rainwebs
rainwebs
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Ok, found it myself. The members area offers CrazyTalk 8 installers. Would have been nice to get a hint for this in the members area index page ;-).

Blog | Poser
mrchial
mrchial
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Same issue here--six CT 7 Pro plug-in that can't (yet) be reached by CT 8 Pipeline.  Bummer because the RL Products list on line suggests the plugs-in work for both versions.  Something is haywire.

Edited
8 Years Ago by mrchial
Camping
Camping
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

I have the same problem.

CrazyTalk 7 Pro is installed on my Mac and it includes content packages such as Business Avatars, Facial Expression vol. 2, Natural Facial Performance vol. 2, etc. I installed CraztyTalk 8 Pro but none of the content packages inside CT7 Pro are showing up in CT8 Pro.

I looked in the members area like you suggested (I presume you meant the reallusion.com member area) but I don't find any CT8 installers for my CT7 content packages. Maybe I misunderstood what you said.

Can you please clarify how you resolved this issue?

Thanks!
rainwebs
rainwebs
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Look at the download link of the listed licenses. You will get a popup that allows to select between the classic (for 7) and the new installer (for 8)

Blog | Poser
Camping
Camping
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

Got it! I thought you meant CT8 download links. The popup for the classic and the new installer is with the actual CT7 download links. Thanks!

Reading This Topic