Daz Genesis 2 character lacking eyes in 3dexchange

Posted By Cary B 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Cary B
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
I am totally new to Iclone and Daz. I have brought over some characters and props with no issues. But it seems that all my Genesis 2 male characters lack eyes. They are just white. Is there some texture that I am missing on the Daz side? They seem to look fine in Daz. Thanks for any advice. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
generally 
you need to go through the eye textures and increase glossiness in iclone
normally 80-100 works, but you can play around with specular/glossiness
until you find a "look" you like, always rotate the camera when doing this
to see how light affects them from different angles

the same applys to skin and clothing, but normally dropping specular  makes it look better.

i'm sure you can also do all this in daz before exporting. takes some experimenting to get what you want.

Edited
8 Years Ago by budbundy
Cary B
Cary B
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
budbundy (1/24/2016)
generally 

the same applys to skin and clothing, but normally dropping specular  makes it look better.

i'm sure you can also do all this in daz before exporting. takes some experimenting to get what you want.

Thanks. I have worked with the different materials using the specular and glossiness sliders in conversion. And have even done so with the eyes on some imports. But with the Genesis 2 male, I am getting nothing to work with in the eyes. The slider adjustments have no effect at all. They stay white.  It's as if they do not have a texture. That's what made me think I was dong something wrong in applying the texture in Daz. Everything else in the figure is fine but the eyes. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

SpikeSaunders
SpikeSaunders
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Shadoesword (1/24/2016)
budbundy (1/24/2016)
generally 

Thanks. I have worked with the different materials using the specular and glossiness sliders in conversion. And have even done so with the eyes on some imports. But with the Genesis 2 male, I am getting nothing to work with in the eyes. The slider adjustments have no effect at all. They stay white.  It's as if they do not have a texture. That's what made me think I was dong something wrong in applying the texture in Daz. Everything else in the figure is fine but the eyes. 

This is a bit old I realize, but as I've ran into this a few times recently, have you checked into the Eye Reflection? Turning down the specular on that in 3dX or iClone, should get the eyes to return.

Reading This Topic