Side fitting does not work correctly

Posted By bluemidget666 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
When I try to fit a side view it does not work as seen in  the videos.
i Can not place the dots it just messes up  the face.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb13cdf0-9c4a-46e6-a37c-9d73.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4a15d78b-f624-417a-87dc-5a18.png

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
mrmdesign
mrmdesign
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I got the same result when I tried with a side photo too. Maybe there is some trick to use when lining up the front and side images...

----
Designer, Illustrator, Artist, Developer, Modeller - Augmented Reality : Instagram and Facebook Camera Effects
www.realityaugmented.co.uk
Edited
9 Years Ago by mrmdesign
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Hey Swooop

Thanks for the tips, I have used the video you posted several times in the past, it is indeed one of the best ways to get good fitting heads.
And when this characters finished inside Crazytalk I will use the techniques to improve on this head.

I mearly posted what I think to be a bug or something I am doing wrong.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah the side fitting issue was me having a dumb moment.

texasvideographer
texasvideographer
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)

Where is this lens correcting editor? I've been through every tab in the program, I even looked in the manual, I'm having the same problem as the OP
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Lens Correction is in Photoshop across the top panel under Filter 

Duchess Designs Store 

texasvideographer
texasvideographer
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)

so you're saying I have to buy photoshop in order to fix a bug in this software?
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

texasvideographer (12/28/2015)
so you're saying I have to buy photoshop in order to fix a bug in this software?

No I am not saying you have to buy anything I was merely answering your question as to where the Lens Correction could be found..

Edit.
I have just searched around for you and the Photoshop equivalent Gimp has Lens Distortion/Correction and Gimp is free.

Duchess Designs Store 

Edited
9 Years Ago by duchess110
texasvideographer
texasvideographer
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Sorry, I didn't mean you,you..I meant you as in forum. I looked here in crazytalk technical issues and this thread, to try and fix my problem, no one mentioned photoshop until you did.

I just think that the solution that was proposed, is like telling me to buy a motorcycle to make my car run correctly. Anyway, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that's having trouble with this software.......
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I understand as I also find the side profile fitting not suitable and all the faces I have created have been with front view only.
Perhaps RL will look into this who knows it is early days yet.
When you asked about Lens Correction I presumed you had read the comment above in this thread by sw00000p and this image he used
regarding Lens Correction as you can see he was using Photoshop
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2d8781aa-2883-4e6f-aed9-6530.png

Duchess Designs Store 

Reading This Topic