Posted By mivio 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

looking for someone who can covert 3ds max project into iClone5/6

Author
mivio
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello All,

I'm looking for someone who could convert (payable) virtual studio project made in 3ds max into iClone. I would like it to be ready to use with iClone 5/6, with set up lights and all the textures.
Or maybe you could advise me where to find someone who can do it.

Thanks,
Ann
Edited
9 Years Ago by mivio
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Depending on how complicated the scene is, you might be able to do it yourself (for even free) by downloading the XChange trial.  All you have to do then is to save your Max scene as an FBX, import into XChange, and export to iClone (lights will be another issue as you'll have to try recreating them in iClone -- no direct way to transfer them that I know of).

If nothing more it's worth a try -- the trial version is free and you have 10 exports before you have to pay for it (what I would advise is not to export ANYTHING until you just become familiar with loading in your FBX scene and adjusting things).  At the very least you'll see how much work is involved if it turns out you want to hire someone for the job (I've exported even some fairly complicated Max scenes quite easily, so it's certainly not impossible or even asking too much, although there are some "gotchas" that most folks here would be glad to help you out with).

The nice thing about the "teach a person to fish" school of thought (as opposed to hiring someone to do this for you) is that once you learn how to do this you can do it for other things you might need (in which case you might very well want to buy XChange -- the Pro version, which is the only one you'll need, is not much more than $130 and well worth having, assuming you are already an iClone owner).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I can surely do that for a small fee. If you can send me a link to the Max Project for evaluation at bigboss40@videotron.ca, I will take a look to see the effort involved.

Cheers.

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Sen
Sen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello 
Same here. You can contact me. 

Sen

CGTRADER

mivio
mivio
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Kelleytoons (11/3/2015)
Depending on how complicated the scene is, you might be able to do it yourself (for even free) by downloading the XChange trial.  All you have to do then is to save your Max scene as an FBX, import into XChange, and export to iClone (lights will be another issue as you'll have to try recreating them in iClone -- no direct way to transfer them that I know of).

If nothing more it's worth a try -- the trial version is free and you have 10 exports before you have to pay for it (what I would advise is not to export ANYTHING until you just become familiar with loading in your FBX scene and adjusting things).  At the very least you'll see how much work is involved if it turns out you want to hire someone for the job (I've exported even some fairly complicated Max scenes quite easily, so it's certainly not impossible or even asking too much, although there are some "gotchas" that most folks here would be glad to help you out with).

The nice thing about the "teach a person to fish" school of thought (as opposed to hiring someone to do this for you) is that once you learn how to do this you can do it for other things you might need (in which case you might very well want to buy XChange -- the Pro version, which is the only one you'll need, is not much more than $130 and well worth having, assuming you are already an iClone owner).

Thank you Kelleytoons for your explanation. I have got XChange 5 Pro, however when I try to open fbx project, it hangs on importing and then crashes.

mivio
mivio
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sw00000p (11/4/2015)
mivio (11/3/2015)
Hello All,

I'm looking for someone who could convert (payable) virtual studio project made in 3ds max into iClone. I would like it to be ready to use with iClone 5/6, with set up lights and all the textures.
Or maybe you could advise me where to find someone who can do it.

Thanks,
Ann

Hello Ann,
Are you a 3ds Max user or do you have access to a max scene?
Do you own 3dxchange?

Kind Regards,
sw00000p Cool

Hello Sw00000p,
Unfortunately I'm not a 3ds max user and I'm a beginner in IC and XChange (I got both in pro version).
Regards,
Ann

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

mivio (11/9/2015)
Kelleytoons (11/3/2015)

Thank you Kelleytoons for your explanation. I have got XChange 5 Pro, however when I try to open fbx project, it hangs on importing and then crashes.

Try downloading the free XChange Pipeline 6 Trial version and see if the FBX file works there.

Otherwise you have plenty of folks (myself included) who are more than happy to help you, so you can just pick and choose.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
mivio
mivio
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (11/9/2015)
mivio (11/9/2015)
Kelleytoons (11/3/2015)

Try downloading the free XChange Pipeline 6 Trial version and see if the FBX file works there.

Otherwise you have plenty of folks (myself included) who are more than happy to help you, so you can just pick and choose.

Thank you Kelleytoons.
I'm wondering how much realism I can get using iClone  comparing to other 3d softwares. Does the indigo plugin can change the level of reality in a substantial way?

Regards,
Ann
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Personally I wouldn't bother with the Indigo plugin, but you can always download the trial to evaluate it yourself.

If you do the lighting right you can get some pretty amazing results in iClone, particularly with a little post work.  You don't mention what your specific use it, but I get the feeling (based on your set) that you are going to do some current event type show, which needs rendering quickly.  Indigo could take weeks, if not longer, to render even short scenes (it all depends on what's in the scene and what settings you use but it will never be very quick).

But first things first -- get your file converted and then you can look to see how best to use it.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Good evening Ann, I sent you a reply Pm on the forum. You need to go to your inbox on the forum.

I can do the job, you just need to send me a link to the max or FBX files.

Cheers.

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Reading This Topic