"Mum is dead" - new movie project

Posted By thedirector1974 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
thedirector1974
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 days ago
Hi there,

after my last movie ...

I took a little break from iClone, because i wanted to switch to iClone 6. First I needed a new computer, which I have now. Then I had to transfer and install all my content back on the new machine and this took a while.
Now I am finished and I start my first iClone 6 project.
The movie title is: "Mum is dead". It will be a short story, about 6-8 minutes. The story has been written and translated and now I am working on the characters of the movie. I use the "Character Creator" and this is a very fine tool. Not perfect, but for the first time I can create good looking characters without any 3rd party software and thats a real good thing. Yesterday I tried a lot of things in CC and at the end I had my main character ...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73498405/mid_promo01.jpg

That Lincoln I bought from Renderosity and I exported it from DAZ vie 3DXChange into iClone. This car has more than 120 pieces and i didn't like the shiny textures. I wanted a rotten car, so today I retextured the whole model to my liking. This took me about 6 hours ...

I am really impressed by the render quality iClone 6 provides. In this still I used "High Quality Shadows" and "Supersampling". Together with a little HDR and some fog the renderer made a really moody picture. I think the step from DirectX9 to DirectX11 was really necessary ...

I will update this thread as soon as i have new infos about the project ...

Direx

Edited
9 Years Ago by thedirector1974
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Ooo looking so good! Which I've come to expect from you!!! Wink
Can't wait to see what you get and love to know how your new 'puter works for you.
Also would like to know which video card you got too?! Right now I'm having a terrible time moving around the screen in iC6 with the old card I have now when I have a "beefy" project loaded.  I have to keep things in the "Quick Mode" most all the time.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Hi Mark,

thanx for the comment ...
I currently use a GeForce GPU from NVidia. Its a 960GTX with 4GB VRAM. It's not the best card, but it will work. I will upgrade next year, because I want a 980TI model with at least 8GB VRAM. I hope this model will become a bit cheaper next year ...
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Quite an upgrade you did there! Looking forward to your new works. Smile
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

thedirector1974 (10/24/2015)
Hi Mark,

thanx for the comment ...
I currently use a GeForce GPU from NVidia. Its a 960GTX with 4GB VRAM. It's not the best card, but it will work. I will upgrade next year, because I want a 980TI model with at least 8GB VRAM. I hope this model will become a bit cheaper next year ...

Thanks for the info.
So even with a slightly lesser card you can move around the iC6 screen ok in the higher quality display modes?

PROMO-BACK2

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes. It works. The car has about 570000 faces, the character is 70000 faces big. My old system would have crashed already. You should avoid such things like realtime reflection. I used it on some parts of the car and the engine suddendly slow down a lot. So I removed it and changed it to fake reflections. I think 960GTX GPU card is o.k. but if you really want to upgrade, you should aim for a 980TI ... along with a fast CPU you should be able to handle even bigger scenes in iClone 6 ...
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks! And yes, that's the one I'm looking at for sure.Wink

PROMO-BACK2

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Looking really good. I will be very interested in your workflow as you start your film. I'm in the middle of prep on my own IClone short film series and it's always great to see what other artists are doing. I wish you much success.
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Both the car and the avatar look great. Can't wait to see where you take them.
Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Really nice Smile

Reading This Topic