Weight mapping?

Posted By cnmeyer1980 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cnmeyer1980
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all well.

Just a quick one - I have a simple little character that I've rigged and have brought into 3DXchange - I've mapped the bones without a problem and it all works well.

My question is this - the character is a little tubby, similar to the standard human type rig, but a bigger belly, this now makes it so when I animate in iClone the hands and other body parts go inside the tummy (would be great if I was working on a horror short) - I know I can (and have been) tweaking the animation at the points where these errors occur, however, I'm wondering if there's a way to weight map (paint) the mesh so the arms don't go inside the mesh - I don't know if this is possible (or if I'm using the right wording) - however, it would be great if its possible.

Its not a problem at all tweaking the animation within iClone6, however, if there's a way of making the model via weight mapping/painting (not sure of that's right) the mesh to make it so hands and arms don't vanish within, would be FAB Smile

Cheers everyone and thanks again for your help Smile

Chris
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
IClone doesn't handle weight painting of joints...
In any case I reckon a simpler solution is sending the character back to 3DX to readjust the default arm/hand position into a wider stance.

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Reading This Topic