Upgrade price from Pro to Pipeline?

Posted By Kelleytoons 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Since RL is so secretive I thought I'd ask someone here who has Pro 6 (and that's probably the only way you'd ever know): what's the upgrade price if you want to buy the Pipeline 6 version?

Apparently RL won't show you prices for upgrading until you login, and right now, since I don't own either version, it's showing me that it will cost $120 for the Pro version (apparently because I have the Standard version of 5 -- didn't even know I had bought XChange but it was a year ago and I never used it).  So at least I know the upgrade price to go from Stanard 5 to Pro (and to go from Pipeline 6 from Standard 5 is $299).  But it would be *really* helpful to know what it would cost me if I end up buying Pro 6 and then, sometime down the road, want to go to Pipeline 6.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
I already have 3DX 6 Pipeline, so I don't know what the upgrade would cost. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

To upgrade from 3DX5 Pro to 3DX5 Pipeline when it was introduced there was a special offer where the effective upgrade price was about $100 (it was $300, but you got 20,000 points (i.e., $200) to spent in the Market Place). There was some discontent about that at the time: why not just make it $100?  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
When I asked support about it, I had purchased the Pro version within 30 days of my inquiry, and support told me to get a refund for Pro, and purchase Pipeline outright. Because of that response, I do not believe there is an upgrade path. I just went ahead and bought the Pipeline version outright.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks, that sounds about right.  I even wrote RL and tried to get them to explain what the upgrade price was and they did indeed act as if there is no upgrade path (which is weird because every other software in the world has an upgrade path to its more expensive version.  But, hey, that's the RL world I guess).

I have finally decided to choose Pro over Pipeline as exporting FBX just isn't anything I'll ever do (all the reasons I wanted to do it won't work anyway and I think I have a better path).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic