Slight piece of character floating around

Posted By Kelleytoons 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Still trying to figure out if I need Pipeline or Pro, but today I downloaded a free Iron Man model (we watched Avengers 2 last night :>Wink and it rigged up pretty nice in XChange (it was already rigged in Max so I exported it as FBX from there and imported into XChange and just matched up the relevant bones).  The only problem was there was a piece of his armor, a sort of codpiece, that was obviously linked to another bone (perhaps the root) and so as the animations played in iClone this piece kind of floated around improperly.

Assuming I can locate the specific piece in XChange, how would I go about rigging this properly?  Are there tools in XChange to do that, or do I need to go back to Max and rerig there?  (I assume I just need to attach it to the base spine bone and not have it attached to the root, as it appears to be now).

And is this one of those cases it would be better to export again as an FBX to bring into Max and further refine before I try XChange again?  That's what I'm really trying to work out, whether there's any point in me ever needing Pipeline.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thanks, that does help (off to boot up Max again and look at things).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic