Profile Picture

character creation-elephant

Posted By tsnagarajan 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tsnagarajan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am a super senior.I want to tell kid stories through a video blog.

the introductory character is Ganesha,the elephant faced Hindu God.

Now I am showing his image and tell the intoduction.I want to put some "life"

into the image.

How does one make the image "talk" while I am doing the narration.

I have Crazy talk 7 and crazy talk animator 2-std.

very difficult to follow the tutorials.

If any of you can give me a step by step instruction i shall be very grateful

nagarajan(Raja)https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/16b709e7-2d9c-4710-8ffb-9e92.jpg
the above is only a sample illustration.

even an image of an elephant is good enough
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Honestly, it might be challenging because there is no mouth.  If using CrazyTalk Pro or CrazyTalk Animator, a mouth is required when using a morph based head. There are some talented CTA users who might be able to make a sprite based character based on the supplied illustration, but that's beyond me.  
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Yes, there is no mouth in this particular view.
One could simulate the movement of the trunk to match the voice. But then it has to be subtle, not very exaggerated.

--
In Anime Studio Pro, one could use a Bone move matching the strength of the sound.
In CTA, can one use the trunk as a separate sprite in any manner ?
tsnagarajan
tsnagarajan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)

Thanks

I feel frustrated to note there is no solution in ct.
tsnagarajan
tsnagarajan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

thanks.

i shall try anime.

I saw the demo of a lion being created in ct.

The you tube demo on "elephant" is on a silent mode

difficult to follow and understand.

if anybody hits on a solution please pass it on

nagarajan

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
i think to pull this off,  you will need to make the nose / trunk a separate prop.  In trying to envision this character talking,  you won't see the lips moving,  but you would see the trunk moving from side to side to give it life ....and the head bobbing up and down or sideways,  eye movement, shoulder movement and subtle body tilts.  You will have to do body language to imply what is being said to compensate for the lack of lips.   I could see the trunk being divided into 3 parts to give it a serpentine like animation. 

I made a character similar to this in Iclone using the jimmy toon character and some customized props -  I rigged the nose with spring bones so it would swing when the character talked.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bb6ea1fd-90fe-4b27-90aa-faa6.bmp

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
tsnagarajan
tsnagarajan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

excellent effort thanks

but i do not have iclone.i have crazytalk7,crazytalk animator and animedebut 9.5

nagarajan

Reading This Topic