Posted By Cricky 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone6 Simple Plane Prop to Scroll Text Across the Screen

Author
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
iClone6 Simple Plane Prop to Scroll Text Across the Screen:

Could be referred to as a Ticker Tape, I suppose.

This was a very simple prop to create:  It will not help the original need for a Ticker tape by a user who needed it for CTA, unless they also have iClone6.  I have no idea what CTA accepts for props.

This is a Simple 2 face plane... but the UV allows scaling to basically any size, and still get clarity when used as a ticker tape across the screen.  

You just have to time out the movement across the screen or move the camera.

If you have 3dXchange it can be exported an OBJ and then used elsewhere.  I have Scrolling LED Props that work on a different principle, but the text applied is limited.  This plane accepts whatever size limitations your system has.   8192wx256h  would look fine.  This is the texture limitation in iClone.  Font used is whatever your photo editor has.

Download on YouTube

Sample of it used with active Dialogue

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
9 Years Ago by Cricky
nlprod1
nlprod1
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thanks Cricky!
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Nice work.

Alternative Solution: If you can not move the plane or the camera, the solution is to scroll the UV on a static plane. This is what I did for my Electronic Sign in my store.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
As I said above: "I have Scrolling LED Props that work on a different principle, but the text applied is limited."
These work on the UV Offset principle.

This prop was designed for simplicity, and is FREE, not a marketing opportunity for others.

Lord Ashes (8/28/2015)
Nice work.

Alternative Solution: If you can not move the plane or the camera, the solution is to scroll the UV on a static plane. This is what I did for my Electronic Sign in my store.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
you can also use image layer with an alpha channel video which is simply two one negative in opacity channel
can make two with text captions in WMM or pan a camera along text on yours in iclone and render

Edited
9 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz

Reading This Topic