Windows 10 Crashes and Reallusion Download support

Posted By SeanMac 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SeanMac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Like many another I have been running multiple monitors with Nvidia graphics and my windows 10 has crashed and shunted me back about five years, rearranging the files for that date.

What I am concerned about quite apart from my own tears of rage is that some rules-worshipping cog in the Reallusion apparatus will decide that I am trying to install illegal copies.  They will also subtract one from my allowance for each reinstall.And I base this expectation on previous experience of just that event.

I do not know how many repeated crashes I will experience before I get back to normal but I want to minimize the hassle.

So please, Reallusion, look up. Just realize a lot of Windows 10 upgraders are having problems out there.
If dear reader, you too are also going through the birthpangs of Windows 10, add your voice here on the forum.

Intel Core i7-2600K @3.40Ghz; Win 7 64 bit SP1 (was Win 10 yesterday); 16Gb RAM; Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti ; Kinect for Windows v2

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
If you plan to reinstall Windows 10 (or any OS), just try to uninstall any Reallusion software first while connected to the internet. This will free up your licenses.

You should only manually deactivate when you are unable to uninstall for some reason like if you experience a hardware failure. However you can contact us if you run out of deactivations. As long as there is a genuine reason we will always reset the count for you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Peter

Thanks for that.

I should apologise for being morose about all this. I have just spent over a week carefully restoring all the programs I had been using that disappeared. The crash moved all my documents to another disk. I had a helluvalotta housekeeping to do.

Then. Stone me. Windows 10 reappears along with my old desktop. And this after I had deprecated the ununinstallable Reallusion *6 Pro programs which had disappeared. 

I don't know if these are working. It is late here and I must go to bed.

But thank you for your reply. I am sure I cannot be the sole target of Microsoft's incompetence. They are remote controlling events via Windows Update. but without informing any of us out here as to what is going on.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Windows 10 and its compatibility with many programs is flaky at best right now, I have installed it on a tablet device made by Microsoft and it was a
Mistake, I should have waited for the creases to be ironed out.

As it stands now I can not guarantee it will work the same way twice.

If Microsoft can not get it working smoothly on their own hardware asking developers to develop smooth running code for it is going to be hard.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
9 Years Ago by bluemidget666

Reading This Topic