Profile Picture

3dxchange 6 Pipeline - EXPORT armature with weight map on character??

Posted By CaseClosed 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

3dxchange 6 Pipeline - EXPORT armature with weight map on character??

Author
CaseClosed
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
If I want to export an iClone character or non-standard character with the armature  (including face bones for facial animation) and the weight map for animation in Blender or another 3d animation software, can I do that with 3dxchange 6 pipeline software?

I'm asking before I purchase the software because that's what I need it to do, and if it can't do that, then I don't want to purchase it.

Thanks for any feedback!!

Edited
9 Years Ago by bbvb17
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi
Yes it is possible.
Here is a YouTube video I did using iClone 5 and 3Dxchange5 a year ago, but the same would apply to Version 6
Hope it helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX40UbdMhiQ

Duchess Designs Store 

CaseClosed
CaseClosed
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I need to export the non-standard character with the armature and weight maps, including the facial armature.  You said I can, and the video showed the figure successfully animating in 3ds Max, so I assume the armature (including face) came along with the character, can I export a non-character with a complete armature, including facial armature AND corresponding weight maps, from 3dxchange 6 pipeline into an FBX file?
Edited
9 Years Ago by CaseClosed
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
bbvb17 (7/31/2015)
Thank you for the reply Smile

I'm still not positive it can do what I need.  I saw from the video that you can export a non-standard character with motions. That's cool, but I don't need to export motions. I need to export the non-standard character with the armature and weight maps, including the facial armature.  You said I can, and the video showed the figure successfully animating in 3ds Max, so I assume the armature (including face) came along with the character, but I've learned my lesson to not assume when it comes to iClone products. 

To make a long story short, I'm asking you for a confirmation Smile that I can export a non-character with a complete armature, including facial armature AND corresponding weight maps, from 3dxchange 6 pipeline into an FBX file. Thank you so much!

Hi bbvb17
Again I will say yes. I personally have been able to do this with iC5/3dx5 as well as with iC6/3dx6.
If you are not bothered about animation just put your Character in a T Pose in Exchange 6 and export as an fbx and uncheck export the animation option. I sometime do this and then inside Max the first thing I do is select
all the bones and freeze transform. Then I can move the bones about to check if the weights may need a slight adjustment.
Hope this info helps.

Duchess Designs Store 

vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I saw from the video that you can export a non-standard character with motions. That's cool, but I don't need to export motions. I need to export the non-standard character with the armature and weight maps

A Bone can only deform (motion) a Mesh with a weigtmap
A weithmap indicates  the deform influence for the bone in the  mesh , no weigthmap = no motion.
So if you see in the video a non character with motion, this figure is guaranteed  weight mapped, otherwise it could  not move.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I don't think this is really possible with Blender.  When I attempted to import a CC Base Female into Blender - after exporting .fbx from 3DX6.2 - this is what I got:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b87c7cb9-08f2-42bc-a115-f1d1.jpg

You should note that Blender stripped out all of the Texture Maps -- so it would be very much not fun to try to round-trip a CC through Blender back to iClone.  

I've run through all of the 3DX6 export presets (Unity, Unreal, Maya, etc...) - same results.  If anybody has success with this, would you please show us a screenshot of your export settings in 3DX6?

RL, YOU GIVE US NICE PIPES TO EXPENSIVE SOFTWARE, CAN YOU DO IT WITH FREE OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE?  

Thanks!
Edited
9 Years Ago by JC Weatherby
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
RL, YOU GIVE US NICE PIPES TO EXPENSIVE SOFTWARE, CAN YOU DO IT WITH FREE OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE?

In this case RL is powerless.BigGrin If a FBX Importer is mess.  FBX is not uniform 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
JC Weatherby (9/11/2015)
I don't think this is really possible with Blender.  When I attempted to import a CC Base Female into Blender - after exporting .fbx from 3DX6.2 - this is what I got:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b87c7cb9-08f2-42bc-a115-f1d1.jpg

You should note that Blender stripped out all of the Texture Maps -- so it would be very much not fun to try to round-trip a CC through Blender back to iClone.  

I've run through all of the 3DX6 export presets (Unity, Unreal, Maya, etc...) - same results.  If anybody has success with this, would you please show us a screenshot of your export settings in 3DX6?

Thanks!

This is the blender plugin that is at fault and how its coded (not well) the person who coded it was more interested in unreal 4 engine and export from blender moreso then import.      That being said if anyone has any spare time on their hands on the reallussion staff it would be cool if he could create a blender plugin that worked for import to blender fbx files without messing with em.          

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
9 Years Ago by urbanlamb
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
If the rigging/weighting is intact, all you need to do is rotate your mesh 90 degrees to match your skeleton. Do it in edit mode. Select all and rotate.
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
rampa (9/11/2015)
If the rigging/weighting is intact, all you need to do is rotate your mesh 90 degrees to match your skeleton. Do it in edit mode. Select all and rotate.

Haha, I really don't want to have to go there Smile   That's no guarantee that it will arrive back in 3DX safely.  And remember, all the texture maps have been ejected, and that's another headache.  Pinch

Reading This Topic