Voxel Farm

Posted By urbanlamb 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have been watching this project for a few years now.. and he released some subscriber plans awhile back.     Now I dont really want/need something that just builds terrain and buildings so I was just watching it out of curiousity but recently he has been creating plugins for things.    Then in early july he released this blog post on FBX exporting 

http://procworld.blogspot.ca/2015/07/export-your-creations.html

I am now actually interested in trying out the creators version to see what I can make it do.  Anyhow if your curious and like to play with things here is something else to play with Smile

urgh he has rearranged stuff and his blog is not part of his site anymore .. so.. putting this in after http://voxelfarm.com/

for those who are wanting to find a way to make interesting terrain I think this is the solution 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
9 Years Ago by urbanlamb
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
I watched their website and it's very odd.... Don't know if it is a standalone app or a plugin or an sdk tools.....
No tutorials , only demo....

If you have some tips about it....
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It used to be just middleware now what they did was open up a site where you can login and do stuff online (sort of like the google warehouse) you download the app and it works that way.     Its a shared application with a client side and a server side so you would dowload the client.  I dont know if there is a 100% offline version though.  I only know it as a side affect of using software that encorporated it into their platform.   I am assuming that they are to the point that there is a 100% offline app.    Either way its perfect for designing terrain.   There is a unity plugin as well.   

Anyhow I plan on installing the creative version soon although right now I dont have time... when i do I will as I have used it as a part of other things and this is far more versatile for any sort of world design.  

for now here is his sort of wiki 
http://docs.voxelfarm.com/home
its a platform for design basically that can be used for asset creation (mainly environmental stuff) and plugged into other platforms to create games. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
9 Years Ago by urbanlamb

Reading This Topic