Artmesh - Quad remesher

Posted By Rampa 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I'm sure this will be of interest to a few peeps here. It generates a nice even even quad mesh from miserably-decimated triangle meshes.

http://www.topologica.org/toplog/wp/
SketchyFreak
SketchyFreak
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
hi Rampa, there is a stand alone software for convert  triangulate mesh to quad mesh? Thanks
Edited
9 Years Ago by SketchyFreak
Sen
Sen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello , 

Zbrush can do this in one push buton Smile . And with some work , a perfect topo .

CGTRADER

rampart
rampart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I can understand quad mesh ability bundled in expensive applications like zbrush.

There is probably a market for this, if it finalizes as an inexpensive application.  

If you have to pay big bucks for it... I would think about the premium value to viewers over what I was doing now.

One thing were really need in IClone is a poly decimator tool similar to daz3d decimator.

Edited
9 Years Ago by rampart
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
ZBrush is indeed expensive for a hobbyist.

But it is becoming the defacto standard in the industry, in terms of modeling, for organic and hard surfaces (even for low-polys thanks to the ZModeler tools which are awesome)

From my recent experiences in production, a good ZBrush modeler vs a good Maya modeler, is 3 to 5 times faster including the handling of topology. The Maya modeler is then stuck to its topology in case of retakes while the ZBrush modeler is totally free on this point. Retakes are faster and easier. With the recent ZBrush versions, you also get quasi-perfect topology from it. The more and more ZBrush modelers are preferred to traditional polygon modelers in production for obvious reasons.

So if you are a serious hobbyist, creating all your assets from scratch or if you are kind of pro selling your content to the Market Place and if you dont know ZBrush or if you stood away from it for some reasons, I invite you to take another look at it, and you will certainly realize how much faster and easier it is to model in ZBrush than in anything else.

And if you think about Mudbox instead, forget it, it does not compare to ZBrush.

ps: This is not an advertisement for ZBrush, just the result of my experience in production I wanted to share.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
So if you are a serious hobbyist, creating all your assets from scratch or if you are kind of pro selling your content to the Market Place and if you dont know ZBrush or if you stood away from it for some reasons, I invite you to take another look at it, and you will certainly realize how much faster and easier it is to model in ZBrush than in anything else

I prefer 3D coat , is cheaper and has a lot of very great features.
The GUI is artist friendly and I have all what I need,
sculpting from scratch (even voxel and surface) until to ready textured Polygon Model, only for Rigging I need a companion.
For me, the underrated software ever.

To Topic Artmesh
I have make a test from  a decimated  high poly mesh.
The workflow is a little bit odd,because no UI,  but it works
Unfortunately not symmetrical topology but you get a nicer topo and can reduce it even more. 
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48415327/artmesh.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
My Comparative results for those interested:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c1ff61b3-b41e-4679-aca5-f193.png

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "

Reading This Topic