3DXchange/DAZ/Unreal Engine

Posted By Zwavelaar 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Zwavelaar
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Before I purchase the new 3D Exchange pipeline, I like to know if the following workflow is possible:

1) export DAZ figure to 3D Exchange and convert it to an iClone format;
2) import in iClone and do some animation (incl. facial expressions);
3) export it in 3D Exchange and convert it to a Unreal Engine format;
4) import the DAZ figure with the animations in Unreal Engine.

Maybe this question is already answered, but I cannot find it. I really appreciate it if someone can give me some information. In the latest YT tutorial they bring in a RL figure with animations into Unreal Engine. But I will only use DAZ figures.
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
...they bring in a RL figure with animations into Unreal Engine. But I will only use DAZ figures.

DAZ figure is not a special thing, it is a mesh and Bones like RL figure.
No matter from what your source your modell come from

Whenever you go through 3D xchange, it will be converted to RL structure and exported in fbx format.
This is also not more compatible to DAZ Studio after that.
So if it you have see it works for RL Modells you can be sure it works for DAZ as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
@Zwavelar

Don't forget: To export fbx, etc from 3dxchange , you need the Pipeline one.Check the version comparison:

http://www.reallusion.com/iClone/3DXchange.html

Zwavelaar
Zwavelaar
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Thank you very much! Now I know I can do the things I want with the new pipeline. And thanks for your advise MTAKERKART. I checked the product information and noticed that I indeed have to buy the full 'application'.

Reading This Topic