3DX6 with iClone5?

Posted By Dreamcube017 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dreamcube017
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi. This was probably asked a million times over but, does 3DX6 work with iCLone 5? Like can I manually import things from iC5 into it and port things back?

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Dreamcube017 (6/13/2015)
Hi. This was probably asked a million times over but, does 3DX6 work with iCLone 5? Like can I manually import things from iC5 into it and port things back?

Short answer: No

When you send it back out of 3dXchange6, it version stamps it for iClone6.  This means iClone5 cannot reopen it, even if you made no changes to it at all.

You could however export it from 3dXchange6 as an OBJ or FBX, and then import back through 3dxchange5 and send it to iClone 5 and 6, then you can use it again in iClone5.

You can even import it inside iClone5 from iClone6 as long as you didn't save it again inside iClone6 as a changed model of iClone6 from when it was sent to iClone6 from 3dxchange5 for iClone6.

Bottom Line:  Go with the short answer, it makes better sense, even though the long answer is clear should you decide to chart it out schematically.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
moogaloonie
moogaloonie
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)

Cricky (6/13/2015)
Dreamcube017 (6/13/2015)

Short answer: No

When you send it back out of 3dXchange6, it version stamps it for iClone6.  This means iClone5 cannot reopen it, even if you made no changes to it at all.

You could however export it from 3dXchange6 as an OBJ or FBX, and then import back through 3dxchange5 and send it to iClone 5 and 6, then you can use it again in iClone5.

You can even import it inside iClone5 from iClone6 as long as you didn't save it again inside iClone6 as a changed model of iClone6 from when it was sent to iClone6 from 3dxchange5 for iClone6.

Bottom Line:  Go with the short answer, it makes better sense, even though the long answer is clear should you decide to chart it out schematically.

Awesome software, but seems like they want to nickel and dime me to death...  I know it's often on sale and there are occasional deals, but I feel like it is pitched as being affordable when it really isn't.

shizzledizzle
shizzledizzle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
"You could however export it from 3dXchange6 as an OBJ or FBX, and then import back through 3dxchange5 and send it to iClone 5 and 6, then you can use it again in iClone5. "

Why would anyone even want to do that?
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

I can ask you the same, only in reverse;  Why Not?

shizzledizzle (6/20/2015)
"You could however export it from 3dXchange6 as an OBJ or FBX, and then import back through 3dxchange5 and send it to iClone 5 and 6, then you can use it again in iClone5. "

Why would anyone even want to do that?

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
shizzledizzle
shizzledizzle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)Veteran Member (523 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
If you have iclone 5 and 3dxchange 5, and youre not using iclone 6 why use 6 at all is what im saying.
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Well 3DX is a pretty useful authoring and model testing tool. Sometimes I use it to convert and fix model textures even if theynever touch iClone. No matter now though, I have both iC6 Pro and 3DX6 Pipeline. 

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
my new motto, 

there are no such thing as high end tools,  just high end users. 

you can give someone $20,000 of the best software in the world,   and they'd be about entertaining as watching grass grow.
but then along comes someone with a pencil that draws mickey mouse.

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sw00000p (6/23/2015)

Having the Best Image Editor and most expensive 3D Pro Tools doesn't mean a thing.

• Curve Editor
• UV Editor
• Scripting
• Modeling (Texturing and Unwrapping) Organic Mesh.... Characters.
• Animation

Many have access to these tools, but don't know how to use them.
Blender is free and will produce "Professional Grade" results.... using these tools.

High Quality Tool training.... separates the Indie User from the Professional!!
__________________________________________________________________________________

iClone's default render engine has not changes since ic3.
If I knew then, what I know now... I would have never upgraded.

If you have the skill to model, rig, texture, Unwrap Characters (not boxes) Tongue and animate... upgrading is a waste.
...If you don't have these skills.... Upgrading is right for you!

I love iClone's default render engine!Wow

I don't think Blender is a dominant tool in your workflow. Even Blender users find blender UI hard to grasp, what to talk of the ICLONE users !
ICLONE is designed for certain kind of users and such users are discovering ICLONE every day.
ICLONE may or may not offer a curve editor. But it will definitely offer similar benefit through some kind of tool in future.

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Here we go agian...

It took 10 pepole over a year to create a 15-minute movie with Blender, I believe.

Iclone can look good and will look better, as has been proven again and again for those who have eyes to see.

A tool will become professional in the hands of those with a professional attitude. No amount of money spent on software and Lynda training will change that.

Crafty animations have been done with pencil and paper (and an eraser perhaps), turning simple items into professional tools for a gifted artist.

Spending money on iClone is not wasted, lamenting about it over and over is.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by animagic

Reading This Topic