Profile Picture

Importing Daz Poses into iClone

Posted By Creatively.me 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Creatively.me
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I'm not sure if this has already been answered or described fully... I am new here and it's still a little hard for me to find things.

What I'd like to be able to do is to import poses (not motions) from Daz into iClone.  I do have 3DXChange.  I found a post from FlipBook from about a year ago... He asked the question and then said he found the answer, but I couldn't tell from reading either of those two post how to accomplish this.

I'd really appreciate any direction you might have to offer.

Thanks

Joe (Creatively.Me)

Joe (Creatively.Me)
Creatively.me
Creatively.me
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
OK... 

So, I'm not sure if this is the "Official way" but here's what worked for me.  Basically, I prepared and treated each pose as a single frame motion and followed the same approach as exporting motions.  

Here's what worked for me:

1) Set up the character in Daz3D as desired, clothes, etc.
2) Reduce the timeline to a single frame - I used FrameMate, but I suppose Timeline would work.  I am not a fan of Timeline, so I didn't check ;-)
3) Prepare and test a proper Tee Pose for the character in Daz3D - test, walk, run, to ensure collisions and break-throughs do not occur.
4) Ensure that the root of the character is selected in the scene 
5) Export the Specific Tee Pose for this Character (I saved mine with a meaningful name for me which was Mountain_Troll_Tee_Pose) in .bvh format
6) Open 3DXChange and import the Character_Tee_Pose file. 
7) You will see a "stick figure" that represents the Tee_Pose. 
8) You can convert to non standard, make sure you select Daz Geometry from the dropdown at the top right of the screen
9) You are now ready to add Poses or Motions... To answer my question, let's add a pose.
10) Go back into Daz3D.  
11) Stick with the same single frame Timeline (Framemate)
12) Create or Select the pose you want to export for this character. 
13) Export this Specific Post for this character (I saved mine with a meaningful name for me which was Mountain_Troll_Idle_Stance_1) in .bvh format.
14) Repeat 11, 12, and 13 for each Pose you want for this character.  (Save each one with a meaningful name)
15) Go back into 3DXChange
16) Import each of the Poses you've saved by pressing the browse button on your right.  They will be added to a list above the import button.
17) Once you've imported all of the poses you created, rename if necessary, and press add to perform
18) Go to File Export in the menu
19) Click Export
20) This will bring up a Window to export the "motion" pose into iClone.
21) De select - Export geometry
22) Do select - Export Animation
23) Do select - Export Motion
23) Confirm that all of your motions are listed in the Motion File Name text box
24) Make sure your destination is set up the way you want it (I organized mine under a new Mountain_Troll Folder so I could find them easily)
25) Press OK.

That's it....

I performed an additional housecleaning step by testing each pose and capturing a good icon image... again so I can find them easily when I need them.

Hopefully this will help someone else.  (3DXChange 6 is coming out soon, so this might change when it does.  This works for 5.5)

Joe (Creatively.Me)
Edited
9 Years Ago by Creatively.me
Ardent Enterprise
Ardent Enterprise
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
This has been a huge help for me in getting poses from DAZ to iClone ... Some came out better than others, so I am going to make another pass and try to figure out why. Thank you for taking the time to write out such detailed instructions.

Constance

pruiz
pruiz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Creatively.me (5/28/2015)
OK... 

So, I'm not sure if this is the "Official way" but here's what worked for me.  Basically, I prepared and treated each pose as a single frame motion and followed the same approach as exporting motions.  

Here's what worked for me:

1) Set up the character in Daz3D as desired, clothes, etc.
2) Reduce the timeline to a single frame - I used FrameMate, but I suppose Timeline would work.  I am not a fan of Timeline, so I didn't check ;-)
3) Prepare and test a proper Tee Pose for the character in Daz3D - test, walk, run, to ensure collisions and break-throughs do not occur.
4) Ensure that the root of the character is selected in the scene 
5) Export the Specific Tee Pose for this Character (I saved mine with a meaningful name for me which was Mountain_Troll_Tee_Pose) in .bvh format
6) Open 3DXChange and import the Character_Tee_Pose file. 
7) You will see a "stick figure" that represents the Tee_Pose. 
8) You can convert to non standard, make sure you select Daz Geometry from the dropdown at the top right of the screen
9) You are now ready to add Poses or Motions... To answer my question, let's add a pose.
10) Go back into Daz3D.  
11) Stick with the same single frame Timeline (Framemate)
12) Create or Select the pose you want to export for this character. 
13) Export this Specific Post for this character (I saved mine with a meaningful name for me which was Mountain_Troll_Idle_Stance_1) in .bvh format.
14) Repeat 11, 12, and 13 for each Pose you want for this character.  (Save each one with a meaningful name)
15) Go back into 3DXChange
16) Import each of the Poses you've saved by pressing the browse button on your right.  They will be added to a list above the import button.
17) Once you've imported all of the poses you created, rename if necessary, and press add to perform
18) Go to File Export in the menu
19) Click Export
20) This will bring up a Window to export the "motion" pose into iClone.
21) De select - Export geometry
22) Do select - Export Animation
23) Do select - Export Motion
23) Confirm that all of your motions are listed in the Motion File Name text box
24) Make sure your destination is set up the way you want it (I organized mine under a new Mountain_Troll Folder so I could find them easily)
25) Press OK.

That's it....

I performed an additional housecleaning step by testing each pose and capturing a good icon image... again so I can find them easily when I need them.

Hopefully this will help someone else.  (3DXChange 6 is coming out soon, so this might change when it does.  This works for 5.5)

I just started using iclone and want to export single Daz studio pose frames into iclone. I have tried following these instructions and always end up with an imported Tpose only in iclone.
Also the browse button does not seem to be there in 3dxchange7 but explore? I cannot also find out haw to change destination folder in iclone.
Can anyone update how to do this or offer suggestions as to where I'm going wrong please?

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
davidcaputokeene (7/12/2017)
I just started using iclone and want to export single Daz studio pose frames into iclone. I have tried following these instructions and always end up with an imported Tpose only in iclone.
Also the browse button does not seem to be there in 3dxchange7 but explore? I cannot also find out haw to change destination folder in iclone.
Can anyone update how to do this or offer suggestions as to where I'm going wrong please?

Set Total Framesf = 2, FPS = 1. If Total is set to 1 - then only the T-pose will be transferred. FPS = 1 - to speed up the conversion, and transfer the pose, in one frame.

My YouTube channel.
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thank you very much Dogged for tutorial this will save me a lot of time.

Best Regards
George 
Vektor13
Vektor13
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)

This is all fine for a Genesis 1 pose, but what about Genesis 2 and 3? If I select "Daz4 Genesis" from the Presets, it appears as though only the head, hands, and lower legs align. If I try loading the "Daz4 Genesis 3.3dxTPose" file, all it appears to do is rotate the character 90 degrees onto its back.
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Vektor13 (8/2/2018)
This is all fine for a Genesis 1 pose, but what about Genesis 2 and 3? If I select "Daz4 Genesis" from the Presets, it appears as though only the head, hands, and lower legs align. If I try loading the "Daz4 Genesis 3.3dxTPose" file, all it appears to do is rotate the character 90 degrees onto its back.

I did not get anything. Can you make a video?

My YouTube channel.
Vektor13
Vektor13
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)

Okay, I figured it out.
First, there are the two separate directories that are being used, AutoConvertNonStd for loading the characterization profile, then 3DX template > t-pose for loading that. Then the character (Genesis 3) is turned flat on its back, so you have to rotate it back along with your other adjustments.
Thank you.
pruiz
pruiz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Vektor13 (8/3/2018)
Okay, I figured it out.
First, there are the two separate directories that are being used, AutoConvertNonStd for loading the characterization profile, then 3DX template > t-pose for loading that. Then the character (Genesis 3) is turned flat on its back, so you have to rotate it back along with your other adjustments.
Thank you.

Thanks for the tutclip from dogged 2003. I follow everything but do not have the "characterization file" nor the "3DX template" you access here. I have iclone7 and 3DX pipeline. Where can I access these 2 files please?

Reading This Topic