Profile Picture

Inverse UV mapping with water (this is dedicated to sw0000p)

Posted By RobertoColombo 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Inverse UV mapping with water (this is dedicated to sw0000p)

Author
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

being sw00000p a real expert of UV mapping, I believe he will appreciate this video Smile

https://youtu.be/YlUhPrAqiY0

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I wonder how long it'll be before the software to allow this kind of "unstretched / undistorted wrapping" is common place so that we don't get that s t r e t c h effect when landmasses rise from the flats.
Armstrong.

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
This is quite interesting.
This will save the cost for 3D printing for semi-mass produced stuff. One does not have to use the coloured materials for 3D mesh printing.  
The interesting part is the texture fidelity under the belly,  around the thigh joints and  nose.
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sw00000p (5/20/2015)
I can't stand "CAD" generated meshes.. for facial animation. Any software that spits out a mesh "WITHOUT" proper edge loops...
Defeats the Organic Mesh's deformation ability.

So much work is required to "Correct It.!"

I'll stick with Unwrealla 2 and Grid-Iron Plugins... for texture placement.
...and maintain "proper edge flow."

Why is that you always miss the context ? Was there any mention of animation in the video ? Is 3D mesh only for the animation ?

Don't depend on the software for the edge loops. It's quite subjective and depends on the user's level of interest. Just subdivide to the level you desire, you will have your edge loop.

See the potential in the video- It's half-glass full, not half glass empty.

Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM

Reading This Topic