Posted By dwacon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I think my iClone 5 is HAUNTED... or some bug just appeared

Author
dwacon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I spent hours building an animation... positioning characters, tweaking animation with Edit Motion layer and other tweaks. After I was done I previewed it and the main character vanished. I viewed it in preview camera and the main character mysteriously moved across the entire terrain. Also, the camera movements changed every time I did playback.

I recently moved it from C: to D: and moved location of some materials to make them easier to view in explorer. Not sure if that is a problem or what. Also, occasionally iClone would crash and required a system reboot to run. Once or twice I got a message that C: was out of space, even though (1) iClone is on D: and (2) C: has over 100gb of free space.

Not sure if I need to reinstall from scratch or what... but this is very counter-productive.

TIA!

Atomic Skeletons
[url=http://amzn.to/2zZ3md9]Queer Steer[/url]
Black Larry David

Galactic Blitz
Birthday Movie

mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
It may be something else but to me it kinda sounds like an extra "Keyframe" has been added. I do it all the time. I forget that I'm not at the beginning of the timeline and make an adjustment to an avatar or prop...iClone is going to make a Keyframe at that point so when you start playback it going back to the beginning and play the first keyframe and then it will play the next keyframe that you have added, maybe by mistake, but it will play it non-the-less.

That May be the problem.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

dwacon
dwacon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
That is prolly what I did...

Atomic Skeletons
[url=http://amzn.to/2zZ3md9]Queer Steer[/url]
Black Larry David

Galactic Blitz
Birthday Movie

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I do it all the time. So I"m getting to where I recognize it immediately. Fortunately it's an easy fix. Smile

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I recently moved it from C: to D: and moved location of some materials to make them easier to view in explorer. Not sure if that is a problem or what. Also, occasionally iClone would crash and required a system reboot to run. Once or twice I got a message that C: was out of space, even though (1) iClone is on D: and (2) C: has over 100gb of free space.

All Programs should be installed on Windows OS Local Drive (C) . Data on Local Drive (D), if you have insufficient space on Drive (C).

If you've never Deleted iClone Temp(orary) Folder, that can rapidly eat-up OS Drive Space.

iClone Editing can rapidly Fragment your Editing Drive (Should be Drive (C) ). Leaving a number of small Free Spaces, preventing large Fragmented Files from being De-fragmented. You may have 100GB of Free Space, but that needs to be more-or-less contiguous.

The above has been a Rule of Thumb for all Video Editing, per se, for the 15 years I've been Editing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
9 Years Ago by colour

Reading This Topic