3DXchange 5.52.3805 keeps locking up

Posted By rampart 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rampart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
When I load fbx into 3dxchange the application keeps locking up.

Sometimes it will run and then lock up when popup says "Build Vertex Buffer and Trindex".

Sometimes it loads the same file and I check and go to export. Then it will lock up on export...the little config box doesn't show up. I go into task manager and click on the running app and sometimes the config box will popup.

Then if it does accept the config data entered and I do the export thing it seems to work fine.

Then when I try to load the content item i starts running and a box indicating conversion starts and runs. Then after abit a popup comes up and indicates and error and I am prompted to quit the program.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have had a clean import into iclone 6 on larger files as well. So, I think file size may be important...but I don't know if that is major problem.

Any suggestions?

Edited
9 Years Ago by rampart
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
File size and also poly-count will matter, especially since 3DXchange is still 32-bit.

There is a patch I've applied to extend the amount of RAM that 3DXchange can use. You can find it here: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php.

EDIT: If you can split up the file that may also be an option.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by animagic

Reading This Topic