Grand theft auto V lets you make in game movies

Posted By bluemidget666 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
From the verge.

Grand Theft Auto V finally hits the PC this week, and the new version comes with a great new feature: a video feature that lets you easily share your exploits in Los Santos. Called the Rockstar Editor, the tool lets you record gameplay with a simple button click, and then customize it with multiple camera angles, filters, and even your own audio.

It also includes a feature called "Director Mode," which Rockstar says "allows you to stage creative moviemaking sequences from a cast of characters ranging from familiar faces from story mode, to pedestrians and even animals." When GTA V first hit Xbox One and PS4, users captured some amazing images using the game's photo-sharing feature, so we can only imagine what they'll be able to do with this — and at 60 frames per second, the player-made creations will certainly look great.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
we need to make a machinima team and have wild chases and skirmishes to film....

space engineers, medieval engineers and gary's mod also allow for filming like that too,

it's a reason I'm liking the game guru and agfpro - I'm really not looking for a substitute animation software or tools as much as I'm looking to have tools to make a variety of things that appeals to the gaming community.

GTA5 looks like a hot game, I was checking out previews on youtube!!

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Im not a big game player but I would be very interested in fast car chase films I can fit into my animations. Right now I'm giving fusion 7 and dog waffle some serious attention with a eye on recreating a old Amiga demo, its very much going to be a mash of different tools, GTAV would be a very nice tool to the bag.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Dog waffle! i love that software, I wish iclone had those color pallets!

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Have you checked out the animation abilities, its great for creating fly thoughts and terrain as well as backgrounds.

these are just backgrounds for the animation , but I can export a obj file with texture to bring into iclone or just the height map or make a avid fly through using the new puppy renderer. Its a lot cooler than I initially gave it credit for, and I thought it was cool to start withBigGrin

I'm going to make the spacecraft animation in iclone and composite in fusion mainly for the fog effects but also to see how it turns out.

Edited
9 Years Ago by bluemidget666
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

yeah, that's what hooked me - not crazy about the terrain part though, those meshes are huuuge and when you try to decimate them, it loses all it's character. I'm hoping agfpro will get their exports right for the terrain department.

I usually use dogwaffle for adding nuance to my covers for itunes / spotify, mattes for iclone and avant-gard video effects

stunning images btw!! Cool

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah the mesh export is large, I'm not getting bad results using zremesher to bring the Polly count down and keep it looking good, but a better option would be to use the height map and textures in iclone, though this is on my to do list, in theory it should look identical (ish).

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

what i really want for the terrain is the voxels - although, if agfpro can get the prop and splat map exports right - i'll do the caves and such in 3Dcoat. I'm having a hard time getting use to agfpro voxel modeling tools, 3Dcoat spoiled me lol

here's a trick i did in dogwaffle ( but forgot how, i'll have to figure it out again heh! )!!

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ha, that looks cool, I'm working on fire and explosions right now with the help of one of the dog waffle team pdhowler , Paul I think his real name is https://www.youtube.com/user/pdhowler, I asked him a simple question n he went off and made a 40 min tutorial on the subject Tongue can not get better support than that.

I never really got my head round vox sculpting with 3dcoat, I mainly used it for painting depth maps and retopology, zbrushs new topology tools stopped that but I still use it for odds and ends. to be honest if I had not already bought zbrush I would have stuck with 3dcoat.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

yeah, the pd guys are cool! and their tutorials are loooooong! w00t

you can hear me often saying "Can you get to the point please!?" when i'm watching it lol....not complaining though - i just like bee-lining to my point of interest!

good stuff, please share when you finish the effects!

my latest quest has been planning out this game thingy - trying to figure out a way to 'quickly' import models to design big sets. not feeling the direct x format and the autowreck groupies that come with it though.

Reading This Topic