My 1 hour iclone 6 Movie and some clips

Posted By Alien Maniac 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
From my 1st Book of the 4 book Short Story Series: "The Universe vs"
My first animation movie 1 hour long: "The Beast of Harmala"
It ain't Hollywood class but it ain't too bad for a first time 3d animator! It was Only possible using iClone 6 Pro..thanks RL!!! I made this by myself....all of it. whew but such fun too! Still much to master in iClone 6 but I am on it.

The Beast of Harmala is a SCIFI classic space opera movie ( 1 HOUR). Done on 2 MSI networked laptops w/ 32" and 42" HD Monitors. Movie in HD 1080p. I hope that you enjoy it!
[/url]

Check my Youtube Channel for my new "Short and Sweet" fun clips too:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW7Ux9fH5-7_BPFe3XH6oVA]

Thanks for looking and watching and don't forget....to share, like and post a message! I would like to hear what you think about it...Critics- be kind I am NOT a Pro, well not yet anyway. lol

I have learned much from all of you doing tuts and RL and I just keep moving forward thanks to all of you, even your ideas and constructive criticisms.

Thanks to all!

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Bray: Smile

Producing an hours worth of animation is a bold and challenging task and I must commend you for your success in accomplishing it. Wink It is impressive. There are however a few suggestions I would like to put forward if I may. Ermm

I get the gist of the story pretty well I think, and it's obvious you've put a fair amount of time into developing it so I'll speak to the animation you've produced to tell it.

My first impression was that your camera is too static. Try moving it around a little bit by advancing your timeline and then bringing the camera to a new location within the shot. This will automatically move the camera as the timeline advances. Later you can use paths to move the camera exactly as you like it. Doing this will make the shot more interesting to the viewers eye and will show the spatial relationship between the characters, sets, and props.

Continue to work on character movements. You'll get better the more you do it but it's an important part of keeping the viewer interested so it would be wrong to neglect this aspect of the animation. Try to make the timing of the movement fit what the character is saying or doing.

In general, speed things up. Some 'forced' perspective on your flying craft will add to the impression they are flying. Move them across the screen quicker and don't forget to keep your camera moving as well. (My Pinhead Ad video on youtube might give you some idea of what I mean. For REAL GOOD camera ideas check the camera work in Star Wars The Clone Wars)

And lastly, listen for the peaks and valleys in your musical selections. Try to match the peaks with the dramatic and action scenes and the valleys with the rest.

Anyway, those are the four areas I would put my improvement efforts into. The more these areas improve, the longer the viewer will be interested in watching.

You've made a great start so keep on truckin'. w00t Can't wait to see where you go next.

Cool pete

P.S. I loved seeing my skycars flying by. Hehe

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

Just checked yours.....NICE one!

Thanks for the tips....always appreciated. I do have much to learn yet and improve on. I did this in IC5P to start and then moved to IC6P at the end and with all the conversion problems and computer problems....wo Now I have 2 MSI networked laptops w/ 42" and a 32" HD monitors so things will improve. I have built up my database of characters and props too....wo not to mention Music/sound effects and such so I am ready to carry on with Book 2. "Pirates of the Multiverse" A MUCH more character based book packed with action.

The tips you provided are excellent and I will follow them. They are very important.

Glad you enjoyed your Flying CARS! I love them and so do all that see them....thanks!

Keep Moving Forward

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

9kings2016
9kings2016
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
hello im new to iclone,
and i have no idea where in this forum im am meant to ask this question. but i want to know how did you make a 1 hour video when i can only seem to be able to make only 30sec clips, and where in iclone can you edit and put all the clips together im assuming you have to export the 30sec clip into a 3rd party app. im started to get alittle disappointed with all the money i have spent on this software. i installed indigo render plugin only to find out yesterday it only renders images i cant render out videos with audio. so that was a waste of money i just want to be able to make longer scenes and edit them. if your just able to tell me how is this possible it will be much appreciated.
BD.

Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Good work good compilation !

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
9Kings: Smile

Welcome to Iclone.
 You can make longer scenes by changing the number of frames. This is at the bottom of the screen and is represented by the little 'clock' icon. Just click it and then change the number of frames.

I shoot the scene, then render it out to my 'movies' folder. From there I compile the scenes in my video editor. I use Cyberlink Power Director 12, it was cheap ($50), easy to use, had a bunch of cool features, and has a consumer rating of "10" BigGrin 
At this point you can make as long a video as it takes to tell your story. (In my latest video, I have over 100 scenes covering 18 minutes of video.)

Hope this helps

Cool pete

P.S. I would put a hold on buying too much software before you know if you will need it. You'll know what you need when, all of a sudden, you go "Gawd, I really need a _________" BigGrin

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
9kings2016
9kings2016
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Ah thank you so much, for your reply.
just trying to make sense of it all.
much apprieciated

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
9kings2016 (8/30/2016)
Ah thank you so much, for your reply.
just trying to make sense of it all.

Yes, there's a lot to learn.  Take it in baby steps... one skill at a time.  Try to make each video better than the one before in some way.  Start short, don't try to do an hour video the first time.

Listening to skilled and experienced veterans like PeterBlood is wise.  They will give you sound advice in addition to technical assistance.

And... have fun.  Smile

P.S.
Post questions in the "iClone - General" section if you can't find a more specific sub-forum.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic