Profile Picture

Crashing right out of the gate?

Posted By todayican2 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
todayican2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Is anyone else experiencing CT7 standard on win8 just freezing on startup and staying froze?

I emailed customer service,but thought someone here might know?
Thanks
todayican2
todayican2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)

Really hoping to hear from someone who might can help with this, its 2015, one would think doa software would be a thing of the past by now.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi todayican2,

Firstly, welcome to the forum! BigGrin

2nd, welcome to the wonderful world of graphics software that can be picky with their machines!

3rd - The RL staff is currently on the Chinese New Year Holiday, and it's a well deserved rest for a small team that works practically around the clock for the rest of the year.

4th - I'm more on the iclone side of things, but wanted to welcome you all the same and offer some words of encouragement ....because the same things happen with us, on hardware configurations, drivers, all that stuff....

First thing we check for, which applies for all the Reallusion software ....is to make sure all your drivers are up to date, your os is up to date.....

hopefully while you check that...someone else with more first hand experience on CT7 can chime in and give you more specific suggestions related to that particular product.

We are going through it on the iclone side of things with people's video cards and iclones minimum requirements. It's not doa software, it's having everything set correctly with the proper drivers and os....and making sure antiviruses are not interfering.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
todayican2
todayican2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I am a guy who runs a web company, but is about as helpless as anyone with software challenges.. The trial I got before the paid version did work long enough for me to fall in love with the idea of it though :-)

I did do the system spec thing they asked for, checked that system update was active, and downloaded new drivers for the Nvidia 760 (1 gb I think)

I would be happy to shoot a few bucks or owe a favor to someone who had a few minutes to help.

Also, thanks for the tip about Chinese New Year. I admittedly have a short fuse with Bad cs, but a holiday is a holiday. Understood.

Thanks again :-)
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
oh yeah, there have been cases where trial installations somehow interfered with the premium versions, uninstalling the trial...and possibly re-installing the paid version after the trial is uninstalled may also help. It's a registry entry thing that has caused occasional conflicts.

todayican2
todayican2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Latest update: It has turned into a quest! :-)

Updated all drivers, re installed video card altogether, found and deleted all Realilusion stuff, then re installed CT. Same result.

Ive given up on Girlfriends for less :-)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
todayican2 (2/21/2015)
Latest update: It has turned into a quest! :-)

Updated all drivers, re installed video card altogether, found and deleted all Realilusion stuff, then re installed CT. Same result.

Ive given up on Girlfriends for less :-)

Sorry to hear of your problems with CrazyTalk 7.

If you are still having the same issue, please do make sure to let Support see your dxdiag.txt file. There may be something obvious in there that can indicate what the cause of the problem is.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic