Create face in iclone 6

Posted By jjtorres8 9 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
ExclamationMark
jjtorres8
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi,

I am trying to create a character using 'Create Face' with a character G5 (I think it can not be done with a character G6). I have the problem that when you move a point affect other points generating curves and tensions between the lines conecting points and that are impossible to be removed. Can you help me with this problem? I think these dependencies and curves were not produced in iClone5.

thanks in advance.
Attachments
Captura2.PNG (713 views, 27.00 KB)
Captura3.PNG (444 views, 31.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi..

When you use the "Create Face" feature, it is very important that you setup the "Adjust the Facial Boundary" and "Adjust the Facial Angle and Orientation" stages carefully ensuring that the guides for eyes, nose and mouth are correctly positioned.

Then when you move to the "Adjust the Feature Points and Contours" stage there should only be very minimal movement required. If you have to drag the fitting points too far this will cause the errors you show. At this point it would be better to start again and get the first two stages correct.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 35 minutes ago
Think of the first couple steps as matching your photo to the default head, and the final steps as making it your own.

My take on this has a few extra pointers that I found made it 100% better.

jjtorres8
jjtorres8
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi,

Thank you very much for your answers. You have helped me a lot.
Edited
9 Years Ago by jjtorres8
kotursheshadri
kotursheshadri
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
thank you - did learn few things new and helpful
parrotcrap48
parrotcrap48
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
This is a great tutorial, thanks!!!
lifer2015
lifer2015
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi,

I just purchased ICLONE6. I've been trying to create face using my own photo. The final result looks like an 'alien'. It seems like my photo is "behind" the face that was created. What am I doing wrong????https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9d6ddabe-45bd-4a05-a579-d316.jpg
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Watch rampa's tutorial on this.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 35 minutes ago
The only real difference between my tutorial and the several others available, is that I stress that the first steps are fitting your image to the existing model, and then refining it to the right shape. It's kind of subjective, but just having that notion in your head will help. Smile 

Note there is a little bit different UI between iC5 and 6, but the functionality is identical.

I case you havn't watched it all the way through, here it is again. Wink

Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa
lifer2015
lifer2015
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thank you Rampa! For the life of me, I thought I carefully followed this tutorial! I will follow it again.

Thank you!!

Reading This Topic