Submit Your Wishful Features after iClone 6

Posted By Visconti 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
i'll agree with that, providing it doesn't bloat iclone like maya/max - 3D concepts aren't hard, the problem i find with many of the industrial animation softwares is that it's based on the perception of how a crew of techies think artists should work. So sick of hearing how doing animation takes time when I imagine faster than light. Let the noob doodle, with the option to hire a pro to polish his idea.

The pro side should not be hindered by over simplification and the noob ( creative non-technicals ) side should not be taxed with technology and bloat. Mixing both creates the potential of a gray area that isn't easy enough for grandparents and little timmy to play with on christmas, and isn't detailed enough to be considered for use in serious projects by pixar. - bad chaos.

separate UI's creates a market for grandpa to hire that nice fellow from disney to polish little timmy's ideas as a christmas gift.

the yin yang is black and white, not gray! Pinch

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
pmaina
pmaina
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
iClone Yin-Yang is an excellent analogy. What if the Yin was "iClone Standard" - with its own UI tailor made for hobbyists and the Yang was "iClone Pro"? At the Core engine they can remain the same - even with [upwardly] compatible content, but the UI and feature-list can fork out in two different directions. Yin-Yang = harmony.

RL marketing can go wild with this as well.. with "standard" its all about the experience, the art and the joy of animation. On the pro side, you get a darker no-frills tool whose core aim is to help "get the job done, get it done quickest, and get it done well enough to get paid for it. if you have fun in the process, that's a bonus - but no guarantees!"..

planetstardragon (1/27/2015)

The pro side should not be hindered by over simplification and the noob ( creative non-technicals ) side should not be taxed with technology and bloat.
the yin yang is black and white, not gray! Pinch

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
pmaina (1/28/2015)
iClone Yin-Yang is an excellent analogy. What if the Yin was "iClone Standard" - with its own UI tailor made for hobbyists and the Yang was "iClone Pro"? At the Core engine they can remain the same - even with [upwardly] compatible content, but the UI and feature-list can fork out in two different directions. Yin-Yang = harmony.

I wished a similar thing for Blender - a simpler GUI for the film makers.
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
pmaina
pmaina
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
grabiller (1/27/2015)
...this is probably not the primary goal of Reallusion. Their primary concern is to make money and there are a lot more hobbyists than pros out there, yet hobbyists tend to buy more content.

If fairly high profile commercial projects were done in iCone Pro, wouldn't the interest and buzz amongst hobbyists grow exponentially? Why not use a solid "iClone Pro" version as egobait?
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Pro features = Pro price

Just saying. BigGrin
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
These are all very good ideas, but...

I really want a working mirror!

And I don't want to wait till iClone 7...Angry

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi Reallusion Team... Just working on a project involving conversion of Blender Architecture to iClone compatibility and some of the elements I require on set  demand Particle effects ONLY on movement........................

Is it possible that we can have particles that ONMLY emit if the object they're attached to move.

So that is an object is completely static the particle doesn't emit.

The time and effort this would save is impressive.

IF motion sensitive particle effects that emit on motion are not possible  (or even if they are) can they be speed sensitive also ....
Meaning that the faster the particle moves through the air the MORE it emits.

My current project demands this and the complication involves the following logic.

On stationary, shut down particle (either by shunting way off  set or controllably)
On motion re-attach (or replacement for emissions) ~
On acceleration increase manually degree of emission for that take...
COMPLICATION
Because we have stopped the timeline to increase emission rate we now have the dilemma of particle regeneration which means we need to backtrack.~
DOUBLE COMPLICATION
We therefore need to crossfade one take with the other else we have a sudden particle jump appearing as a flicker.
~
And so the confusion and complication goes on.

I don't know if particle acceleration/motion sensitivity exists....  in other software but it would be nice of the particle could "listen@" to its x,y,z, placement and at 'nth' sum generate according to the variable/value from x,y,z1  to x,y,z,2  per frame.  

Thanks,.

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yes more particle enhancement please BigGrin
I requested particle interaction with dynamic items and collision recently.
Particle behavior would also be nice.
As already mentioned more controllable particle behavior and motion. Start/stop by event, particle size/mass interaction, inherit parent motion, flocking behavior, staggered events, etc.
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

hattori kun (2/5/2015)
Yes more particle enhancement please....//... interaction with dynamic items and collision.

If we expand on the motion sensitivity and the collision request they're one and the same thing.

On collision the particle (attached to prop or elsewise) would move triggering its emissions.

One such subtlety I chase is dust according to rockfall. If a rock can have acceleration AND deceleration sensitivity to its motion upon impact the emissions could max out direction-sensitively.

In my case a wall crumbling over time and suddenly giving in to demolition of the elements, each brick or "chunk' would be in control of its own display of particle behaviour.

Motion begin,

acceleration,

deceleration,

impact and

static.

All this manual control would automate with motion sensitivity.
A passing thought. Cool

Armstrong.

(Its a long post, but I use short words. )

Edited
9 Years Ago by Armstrong
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Regarding physics:

Could be it so that when (for instance) a stone falls on the ground, stones a short distance from it would respond either with a small jump or a small outward motion from where the stone falling impacted the ground EVEN THOUGH they're not touching or were touched by it. .

The reason for this is so....
FOR EXAMPLE: A stone hits the ground which has dust particles all over it to x20. Each responds with a small anti-directional emission as if air displaced it.

Furthermore if we could write in a delayed response algorithm so that the response outward was incremental we could also use this as a water effect where impact displacement is heavier/sluggish.

I understand physics is highly sophisticated programming.

Trying to engineer something like the above without it is equally as complicatedDoze.

If I don't voice the wish I wont learn whether it's achievable or not.

Armstrong

Edited
9 Years Ago by Armstrong

Reading This Topic