CrazyTalk 7 crashes in Yosemite when exporting project to Quicktime

Posted By BHirschfeld 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CrazyTalk 7 crashes in Yosemite when exporting project to Quicktime

Author
BHirschfeld
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
It appears a number of us have been having problems, since the latest version of Yosemite was released, exporting a project to quicktime. As soon it starts rendering, CrazyTalk 7 crashes. Others have reported this issue to tech support, starting more than a month ago, and yet there still is no fix. I reported this issue last week and received a response from tech support to download a trial version of CrazyTalk Animator and see if the problem persists in that program. It doesn't, exporting works fine in Animator on my MacBook Pro. Yet when I return to CrazyTalk 7 Pro and try to export a project, it continues to crash. When I tried to report this back to tech support on my ticket, they had already closed it as if the problem were resolved. Not good. I've opened a new ticket to continue this issue.

If anyone else has figured out a way to resolve this issue or received a solution from tech support, please share it with us.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Sorry to hear of your problems. Our system will close a ticket automatically if there is no user response for 48 hours. However even if a ticket is closed you can just open it again by replying.

Please do keep in contact with Support if the problem is not resolved yet.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

BHirschfeld
BHirschfeld
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)

I remain in contact with tech support and continue to provide requested information. My concern at this point is that this issue was first reported by another user on Oct. 31 and others have encountered and reported the same. So two months later and no fix or solution for an issue that prevents properly exporting a project to quicktime with the Yosemite OS. The latest inquiry from tech support was how I upgrade my Mac (automatic updates) and if I have another Mac to try CrazyTalk 7 on (I don't). There's been no acknowledgement from tech support that they were aware of this issue, that others have reported it and that they are diligently working on a fix. Instead I feel I'm feel I'm being treated as if this is an isolated incident unique to my Mac. I'm sorry to seem impatient, but this should be a considered a priority issue, potentially affecting many users and I have yet to see an indication that tech support is truly on top of this.
hekamultimedia
hekamultimedia
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have the same problem. Crazytalk 7.3 crashes when attempting to export the project to Quicktime. I am patiently waiting as well. As an alternative, Tech Support should offer a free version of CrazyTalk Animator if they are suggesting a trial use.
BHirschfeld
BHirschfeld
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I'm pleased to report that tech support instructed me to download CrazyTalk7 Pro through the Apple Store (they provided a voucher so I didn't have to pay again). Just tried this version and I am able to successfully export projects to a video file without the program crashing. My previous version of CrazyTalk7 Pro was purchased and downloaded from the Reallusion website. Don't know if there's a difference between that and the one in the Apple Store, but I'm just relieved I can continue creating videos for a project I'm working on
JOHNAVATAR.com
JOHNAVATAR.com
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)

I'm able to export, but have a few problems, do you have these problems?

1) The Quicktimes don't always work, they end being zero file size, with a scrambled name file next to them that is the size I would expect.

2) When the Quicktimes do export, the full movie isn't there, only about the first 1.5 minutes (of a under 4 minute timeline).

3) For some reason CTP7 is eating up my boot drive, even though I'm exporting to other internal drives that have over 4TB free space. My boot drive had around 100GB today and after attempting approaching 100 exports to get 6 good exports, my boot drive, on a number of occasions was down to 12MB, the MacPro stopped working, until I deleted other files on my boot drive. I right now have just over 6GB free! This morning I had 100GB and I've only been working on CTP7!!!! Where are those temp files on the boot drive saved to by CTP7, so I can delete them and get 100GB back!!?!?!?!?!

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

JohnAvatar (1/20/2015)
I'm able to export, but have a few problems, do you have these problems?

1) The Quicktimes don't always work, they end being zero file size, with a scrambled name file next to them that is the size I would expect.

2) When the Quicktimes do export, the full movie isn't there, only about the first 1.5 minutes (of a under 4 minute timeline).

3) For some reason CTP7 is eating up my boot drive...

Hi, I think I have some advice.

3) I've found where CrazyTalk stores your projects. It's in a folder called 'UserContent' inside your User folder:

inside you will find a folder called Background. My *guess* is that you are loading a background video into CrazyTalk and it is being copied here (?). Also with 4min of audio, I assume that might also be a large file being copied somewhere in here, but I *think* the audio might be inside the .ctproject file.

1 & 2) If I guessed right about the video files getting copied, and that is why you are running out of boot drive, then the new movie get's borked (1)... possibly only partially written (2)

Hope that helps. Wink
JOHNAVATAR.com
JOHNAVATAR.com
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)

Thank you Holy WetCircuit, but I checked that folder and all those files are very small, only a few kB, plus I'm not using video in the CT7Pro project at all, not even any background. I export the Actor/Timeline as an alpha Actor Only export and am bringing that into Final Cut Pro 7 to add any other elements, backgrounds and etc.

I was able to finally export the project, but now I'm down from my usual 150GB free space on my boot drive, down to currently 6GB! And I don't know where the space went!?

I've been using this same computer for a year and this is the first time this has happened.

I'm using it now for my second job as Producer/Editor.... using FCP7
Edited
9 Years Ago by JohnAvatar

Reading This Topic