Interactive output - like a game level or Sim

Posted By GSSEV3D 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GSSEV3D
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
It would be great if there was an output that played your animation scene as a standalone 3d scene that could be walked or flown through with interactivity, Basically a game level that did not require the Iclone main software to use but a exe file or a webgl site. I think Iclone could create a new niche market of interactive films that do not require programming skills. It would just play your designed animation but the viewer could walk or fly around the scene and be the camera.
What do you think?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
To be honest, I think the market would be miniscule.

If it's not a game, who really wants to spend time exploring a "static" environment that someone else created.

If it's not "static," meaning you can interact with it in interesting ways, then you're right back into the game design domain.  Try Unreal Engine or Unity.

That's my two cents.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

GSSEV3D
GSSEV3D
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks, I know what you mean, But I think it would not be much of a mod for RL as Iclone has basically a game engine viewport, so all that would be needed is a very light version of this just to run with no editing etc. Interactivity would be easy enough too. I suppose I'm saying give Iclone a simple game output. I would see it used for Architecture design exploration, Virtual training. Iclone has an easy interface for creating great worlds. You would have to be efficient with your scenes, objects and textures to keep it realtime though. I wonder if RL has considered this? BigGrin

Reading This Topic