You guys deleted my serial number?

Posted By gmccurdy 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gmccurdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I bought FF3 for $89.95 with the goodies pack. However, you somehow billed me for "two copies" or $179.90.

You credited me the second error for $89.95 so that was fine.

However, you somehow managed to delete my serial number and now the software will not open at all.

How do I get this fixed? You got my $89.95 for one copy. I got squat.

Tia.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi Tia,

you should send an email to support, they will help you sort this out. I'm sure it's an easy fix on their side, and they'd be more than happy to help.

Cheers Smile

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
gmccurdy (6/9/2014)
I bought FF3 for $89.95 with the goodies pack. However, you somehow billed me for "two copies" or $179.90.

You credited me the second error for $89.95 so that was fine.

However, you somehow managed to delete my serial number and now the software will not open at all.

How do I get this fixed? You got my $89.95 for one copy. I got squat.

Tia.

Hi..

I have checked this issue and see the Support replied to you today and that you have since replied again. The issue appears to be that both orders were cancelled with one being refunded and other receiving a chargeback.

Support will be in touch again very soon and should be able to resolve this for you. Please allow them a little time to find out exactly what has gone on here.

With regards to your question (via Support) that you are still showing as a FF3 Trial user, this has nothing to do with the purchase issue. This displays because you have yet to fill in your personal information in your Member Account. To resolve this, just login and select "Edit Profile". Once you submit the updated data your account will display correctly.

Thank you for your patience.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gmccurdy
gmccurdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

planetstardragon (6/9/2014)
Hi Tia,

you should send an email to support, they will help you sort this out. I'm sure it's an easy fix on their side, and they'd be more than happy to help.

Cheers Smile

Wish it was that easy.

Somehow they managed to bill me through VISA and PayPal both. VISA fixed one, and Reallusion support says they also credited the PayPal which will take a long time to get back (Weeks? Months?).

More odd is why they credited me on May 25, and then billed me again on the 27th for another purchase? Why I have two order numbers, but yet only one serial number (Now locked!), and nothing from PayPal saying I bought something from them through you, is beyond me. No refund posted there either.

All they needed to do is issue one credit and all would be fine and I would be able to use the software. But someone sure messed this up with multiple billings and now "Where's the money gone to, and serial number too?"

This email 1AM tag game is absurd too.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

there is also a time difference, these are good people, but to their disadvantage, it's a small team and they are human - subject to making mistakes lol - i can assure you they will do good for you once you guys are in contact.

I do admit though, sometimes things can get off to a confusing start - but you'll see over time they are honorable, albeit not foolproof hehe Smile

Peter is also invaluable help, he will help bridge your connection to support.

gmccurdy
gmccurdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Peter, I see nothing in my PayPal saying chargeback issued. Zero there. I do not see anything related to that order I supposedly made ending in 8 either, just the one in 9.

Can you tell whomever it was that took the liberty to refund my payment via PayPal and just keep it and have them reactivate my serial number?

I hate to wait for them to finally get around to issuing a credit which seems slow or non-existant so far.

I'd like to be able to use the software on a job, but someone really screwed up in the office there somewhere. Other wise I might have to wait a month for someone there or PayPal to find out what they did or didn't do.

Also, I would have expected to see on the VISA statement "**PAYPAL REALLUSION" but all I got was REALLLUSION $89.95 "twice." Only one email activation (the xxx9 one) too and one serial.

Thanks.
gmccurdy
gmccurdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Update:

PayPal has to be the worst system ever!

Your screenshot shows the credit to me via PayPal. However, I got nothing here after a week.

How does this get resolved? Bank (VISA) got one back evidently direct from PayPal as it was a double billing, but I can't get mine back? Plus even if I could, they attach chargeback fees to get my money refunded from a screw-up at your or their end? (If I ever see my money again!).

Why are you guys even using PayPal?

I'd like to use your software, but since PayPal likes to double-bill with spotty refund procedures, or your office does, and to buy your software leads to these issues, I can't.

Guess I'm off to VISA Fraud Dept.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

have you tried calling paypal direct ? they are usually pretty quick at picking up the phone.

there is always the chance that the error happened in your browser - as some browsers do have a glitch of double posting. Happens all the time here on the forum where a post gets posted twice.

I don't know what happened, but i can assure you Reallusion is not grimy like that and if anything they can help you sort this out whether it was their mistake or not.

gmccurdy
gmccurdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

planetstardragon (6/10/2014)
have you tried calling paypal direct ? they are usually pretty quick at picking up the phone.

there is always the chance that the error happened in your browser - as some browsers do have a glitch of double posting. Happens all the time here on the forum where a post gets posted twice.

I don't know what happened, but i can assure you Reallusion is not grimy like that and if anything they can help you sort this out whether it was their mistake or not.

Okay. Online with PayPal is slow so I called them.

They do show the second credit going back to Visa. Visa will respond on August 15th. Great!

Nothing shows on my end from PayPal. Very bad system.

As to why they double-billed me, evidently it happens if the Reallusion uses Wi-Fi and the connection hiccups and it gets resent to them again through PayPal. So I get billed twice. That or they manually entered the data twice in the office.

Guess I will wait until August or whenever VISA says I got my money back and reorder. Might do it via landline to the office in San Jose. I'd hate to be the guy that gets that call too!

This whole issue could have been so easy if they read the previous email to just credit me for "ONE" of the double billings. Someone at Reallusion took it upon themselves to cancel "both" of them and here we are.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

hopefully this thread will give them a better idea of what happened and give them an idea of how to help resolve the issue before then.

Sorry this is happening , it sounds like a bad experience, especially to have to wait till august, that's nuts! I don't work for RL, but I speak up because it's a great company and community - that's not easy to find on the net and I try to do my part to help preserve it.

i do hope it doesn't chase you off!

Reading This Topic