Content Store Music

Posted By Capemedia 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Capemedia
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago

Hello Everyone,

As a musician and composer I think we don’t get the exposure we need to get our products seen in the content store.  So I’m asking for my fellow aficionados for their support and input so we can gather some momentum to see our worked showcased properly by Reallusion.

Together we can get our music noticed and such give a crucial part of film making the exposure it deserves.

Let me know your thoughts so I can pass then onto the Reallusion team.

Thanks

Cape (aka Capemedia) 

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Really no one?

Score Variations

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello there

I'm no musician (unfortunately) but I would like to lend my support to your cause.

I agree that music is a vital part of any film and is as much (if not more) of an asset as any character or scene.

Therefore it would be really useful to have a part of the site dedicated to musical pieces which people could purchase.

I guess the only issue would be how to hear a sample - but I guess you could link to an external file.

It would also be good if there was an area where you could make a music request if there were people who were willing to compose music for a particular fil/scene

all the best

Mick

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Capemedia (5/20/2014)
Really no one?

everyone constantly requested better renders, and better animation tools, next iclone will get better renders and an animation graph.

I don't think it's reallusion you have to appeal to. Wink

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Colin, I just saw this (too busy with Pinhead...Crazy ).

I agree that music could be represented better. I don't do much original composing myself anymore (moved from composing for film to filmmaking), but I consider music (and sound) a very important part of a movie.

One idea would be to show music at work, that is, show shorts clips that feature a particular music fragment so that potential buyers know what it does. I believe that some actual education is in order here as well. Like, how do you select the music, and how do you decide if it is actually appropriate to include music. Sometimes silence is better.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Gerskey
Gerskey
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)

Hi Cape,

I myself would lend my support. I used to program Midi songs a few years ago then I stopped and now I feel I'm heading back that way again with vsts.
I would highly recommend this. I also thank you for taking this idea and starting a thread.

Peace
Gerskey
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Thanks guys for your support and ideas.

Anybody else?

Score Variations

Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Another bump.

Any other views?

Score Variations

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Capemedia (5/25/2014)
... Any other views?

Hi Cape... although animation is a personal passion and hobby, under another hat, I'm producing a feature length film, and under both hats, I'm experiencing the same hurdles with rights to theme songs and scores in relation to all the various international taxes for each country that go hand-in-hand with contractual obligations for distributors - far too nasty and messy for such a fun forum as this - but the dot-point version from my perspective is that I need to choose flat fee services and avoid any royalty arrangements, just to keep red-tape headaches to a bare minimum... have you experienced anything from that angle too? 

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Bleetz (5/24/2015)
Capemedia (5/25/2014)
... Any other views?

Hi Cape... although animation is a personal passion and hobby, under another hat, I'm producing a feature length film, and under both hats, I'm experiencing the same hurdles with rights to theme songs and scores in relation to all the various international taxes for each country that go hand-in-hand with contractual obligations for distributors - far too nasty and messy for such a fun forum as this - but the dot-point version from my perspective is that I need to choose flat fee services and avoid any royalty arrangements, just to keep red-tape headaches to a bare minimum... have you experienced anything from that angle too? 

Depends really on what projects you are doing?  If it's non-profit fan film then you can use one time paid for music as long as you adhere to the Ts&Cs associated with the license agreement.  If you are doing something commercial then that's a different story as one time paid for copyright free music can cost a small fortune.  You can buy off the shelf music or software to produce your score but if music is not your thing it can in fact spoil your project rather then enhance it.  I would possibly try and get hold of a talented musician and ask them to score your project.  Most will only ask for a small fee but insist on credits on the project (Like myself) other's may do it for free, but with credits? 

Score Variations

Edited
9 Years Ago by Capemedia

Reading This Topic