Introducing Puppet Producer

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

Author
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I did restart it but no difference...restarted flash a few times...no change
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

I continue to get an instance name but no pivot points
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mmmm....ive turned the laptop off and on and still no pivot points..ive even tested it out on a few simple shapes in a new project window....it always names the body part but never produces any pivots...any more idea ibis?
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
niceblinkluck (2/22/2014)
mmmm....ive turned the laptop off and on and still no pivot points..ive even tested it out on a few simple shapes in a new project window....it always names the body part but never produces any pivots...any more idea ibis?

Sorry for the delay. Was out fishing and my phone died. My phone was all i had to work with at the time hahaha

This has happened a couple times. It seems that its due heavy load occurring on the PC at the time Puppet Producer is trying to draw the pivot points for the first time. The software then thinks it already drew them so when it tries to pull them from the library, it doesn't find anything.

If estarting didnt work then, the basic fix is to draw or add the pivot points yourself. Just manually draw two circles with an x in the middle to represent the pivots. Convert one into a movie clip symbol named "pivot" and the second one called "nud".

In the library panel create a folder named "pivots" and place the two symbols in there. You shouldn't have that issue again.

enclosed is a FLA (made with flash CC so not sure if it will work on your version) but you can open it and just drag and drop the pivots into your owns project library if you don't wanna draw them yourself.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Attachments
pivots.zip (91 views, 4.00 KB)
pivots.png (675 views, 15.00 KB)
Edited
10 Years Ago by toontitan
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ok...sorry to be a pain ibis.....I did what you said....I now have to pull every pivot and nud by hand from the library...they still don't magically appear ever...even when I turn flash on and off...and I still get.......

Left_arm_0 has been set!
The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

TypeError: doc has no properties

really sorry to keep bothering you.

niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I imagine I can just keep pulling the pivots and nuds from my library for everything...just worried about that....

Left_arm_0 has been set!

the arms and legs etc continue to be named when I look in the properties panel

niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

IM NOW GETTING EXTRA PIVOTS AND NUDS APPEARING and no idea why....also the pivot now wont import properly...
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

got it back to the right amount of pivots and nuds by deleating them in my library and reimporting them ...lol....determined this wont beat me.
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

still concerned with the

Left_arm_0 has been set!

thing that constantly comes up. and does this mean I will always have to drag the nubs and pivots friom the library as I have to constantly resize them which can be a pain

niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

just rewatched your tutorial and see that the pivots should have names when I click on them ....as I am creating them myself they don't have any names...do I create names for all the pivots manually too?

Reading This Topic