Introducing Puppet Producer

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

Author
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm also looking at your library panel on the right side and don't see my pivots folder. And it looks like you hat was given the pivot name.

It looks like it may be something happening during the creation of the pivots, maybe your pc is under some stress (cause the first time you do it it does take a bit of processing to draw and create the pivots) or maybe you accidentally deleted my pivots folder.

If restarting the software doesn't work, try this...

1. in your library create a folder named "pivots".
2. In that folder create two movie clip symbols with the registration point in the center.
a. name the first symbol "nud" and the second one "pivot". Draw whatever you want in there. I recommend a tiny little "x marks the spot market right in the center."

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Edited
10 Years Ago by toontitan
CreativeSoulTV
Arrow
CreativeSoulTV
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)

Last Active: 11 days ago
Ibis,

Thanks for the eye creation info, also your suggestion for the error worked in Flash! It was very weird when it started happening and I wasn't looking forward to creating my character using the CTA2 way after using your Puppet Producer plugin BigGrin

Thanks again for the help!

CreativeSoulTV.com • Video Maker • Cartoonist • Geek • Flawed Genius • Blogger • Tech Enthusiast • Apple Fan • Youtuber • Podcaster • Movie Lover! Cool Social: The Creative JournalCreativeSoulTVTwitter

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

I'm glad it helped! Yeah I can't see myself going back to that original CTA2 method either hahaha

On another note... managed to come up with a few additional functions that will help in sorting out an issue with CTA where pupils go missing and some sprites get imported as double images. Its weird. So in the next update i will be including the ability to aromatically fix duplicated eye sprites, and the ability to export individual sprites as swf files that can be manually replaced in CTA in the event not all sprites import correctly from your Flash model.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Puppet Producer is now updated to version 1.2.5
If already own it, feel free to log back into my site and download/update your copy Smile

Check the video below for what's new.

-Export frame selection a as series of SWF files.
-export library symbol as SWF
-export selected symbol(s) as independent sprites

Those should help to compensate for improperly imported sprites into CTA by allowing you to import individual sprites into CTA and replacing the damaged ones.

Should also enable a whole new workflow for people who don't have the pipeline version. You can now create your complete characters and use the sprite replacement method in CTA to quickly and more easily create custom characters. ( whoa did i just make "pipeline" optional!?)

- Broken mirror button, helps compensate for improperly imported eyes. Eyes that are flipped horizontally don't get imported properly due to some issue where CTA doesn't like horizontally flipped pupil shapes. This button helps fix the sprite and exports it so you can fix it using the sprite replacement method.

Edited
10 Years Ago by toontitan
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I just wanted to point out that Puppet Producer is also cross platform. So if you work with Flash on a Mac you can still use the plugin to create and rig up your characters. Since there is currently no Mac version of CTA most people are either using CTA in a virtual environment or on a different windows machine. So just wanted to let people know that just cause CTA is Windows only, you don t have to use Windows for the creation process if you don't want to. Just create your swf files using flash in whatever native OS you have and the exported SWf files will work just fine in the windows version of CTA.

niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Ibis,,,,i just finished my front view of my character and clicked on his right hand and then the puppet producers right hand but I got this

the output panel reads....Right_hand_0 has been set!
The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

TypeError: doc has no properties

Where am I going wrong?

niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

just tried to export my character as a swf and while if seemed to export when I opened it up in cta2 all I got was the bones showing of the dummy character...im obviously doing something silly but don't know what
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

niceblinkluck (2/22/2014)
Hi Ibis,,,,i just finished my front view of my character and clicked on his right hand and then the puppet producers right hand but I got this

the output panel reads....Right_hand_0 has been set!

Where am I going wrong?
you should be okay if you just restart Flash. Sometimes this happens when there's too many processes running on the system while the plugin is trying to draw the pivot points for the first time.

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

niceblinkluck (2/22/2014)
just tried to export my character as a swf and while if seemed to export when I opened it up in cta2 all I got was the bones showing of the dummy character...im obviously doing something silly but don't know what
open up the Properties panel in flash and click on the different items for your character, and verify that each item has an actual instanceName and an associated pivot point for each piece.

niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don't get a pivot point but I do get an instance name ????

Reading This Topic