Introducing Puppet Producer

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
shadowkross
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I hope others can learn from my mistakes, too, Toontitan.

While I was rigging my second dummy puppet, I noticed that I had a few of the same problems when I exported it into CrazyTalk Animator.

And these mistakes were mostly in mislabeling my assets. If, for example, I clicked the wrong icon on the Puppet Producer by accident, and then immediately follow up with the correct one, the wrong pivots remain and can wreck havoc on the composition of the final puppet. So those need to be deleted ASAP.

Another Big mistake I find myself continuing to make was that while I was labeling my assets, I'd go into the nested mode to label the eyes or the hand, or whatever, and when I'd exit, I'd forget that puppet producer resets it's orientation to 0 degree position, I'd continue labeling the rest of the dummy incorrectly. Users need to remember that Puppet Producer re-sets when leaving nested mode.

These mistakes made up the core of what was wrong with my initial build, and I think that by expressing it, maybe other users will be helped and won't make my mistakes. ^_^
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
While working on a new project for a client I became frustrated with the (still) tedious nature of the rigging process. Its easy to make mistakes, and mislabel stuff. Put a left arm where a right arm should be etc...

So, even though Puppet Producer does a great job at speeding up and simplifying the rigging process, It still can be a pain the butt having to re-rig certain angles that clearly just mirror opposites of angles you have already done. So I took a couple days off and decided to fix that issue.

I'm happy to announce that I have successfully created an Auto Mirror feature. This feature will reduce the work amount by a good 40-50%. Just select the angle you want to mirror, and with a single click, Puppet Producer will create the mirrored angle for you, fully configured and and with the pivot points laid out exactly where they need to be.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
shadowkross
shadowkross
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)

Oh my goodness, Toontitan! THANK YOU for this! I can't wait for the update! The "Flip it" function will shave so much time off the rigging process. Smile
InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

toontitan (8/13/2014)
I'm happy to announce that I have successfully created an Auto Mirror feature. This feature will reduce the work amount by a good 40-50%. Just select the angle you want to mirror, and with a single click, Puppet Producer will create the mirrored angle for you, fully configured and and with the pivot points laid out exactly where they need to be.

Dang! Your the man...Smile
schaal
schaal
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Toontitan,
regarding your auto mirrow function is this feature an update, and if so is this update already available? And if yes, where?
Heiner
myless76
myless76
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
The mirrored angle tweak is pretty brilliant, like a "flop" shot in Avid basically, way easier.

Writer/Director of the feature film PLATO'S REALITY MACHINE
Featuring IClone animation
www.platosrealitymachine.com

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

schaal (9/18/2014)
Toontitan,
regarding your auto mirror function is this feature an update, and if so is this update already available? And if yes, where?
Heiner

Yes this feature will be an update. No it is not currently available.

Just finished my my last client project and finally have a bit of breathing room for personal projects. Working on the integration right now as we as we speak.

All Puppet Producer owners, will receive an email as soon as the new version is ready. I will also follow up with an announcement here.

Once it's ready you would just log into your dashboard at my website and just re-download the latest version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The update is ready Smile. Puppet Producer version 1.3.0 is now available. Everyone who already owns it should have receives an email earlier today with the update notification. If you didn't then just log in and redownload it for free.

When used wisely the auto mirror feature will allow you to get custom characters done a good 60% faster than before. Now you only really need to focus on 4 primary angles. The remaining six angles can be achieved either full on mirroring or a combination of mirror and customization.

AnimatFolks
AnimatFolks
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi Ibis
That good news !!!
I have trouble downloading the new update. The website says that I have to pay the bill but is already paid.Blink
A little help please
Greetings.
vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Ibis Thank you sooooooooooo much ! Auto Mirror works fantastic w00t
What for a great Time saver ! This speeds up the whole thing again
I had been waiting for this update, now my Chatracter will be ready very soon.

I like creating new creative things , but the process of this CTA rigging " is to boring without your tool.
Thank you again ! Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
10 Years Ago by vidi

Reading This Topic