What to EXPECT in 2014 with iClone!!

Posted By Bruce (RL) 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
Apparition
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Dear Bruce:

More than an "Upgrade", version 6 looks to me as a totally new release, full of power and innovation.

There are concerns regarding Third Party Content Developers and the new announcement.

The fact the announcement is done quite early it is highly probable the content market is GOING TO BE AFFECTED, because in a logical reaction, content buyers will be reluctant to invest in content, mainly when there is a perspective of a total new approach for it.

For the sake of all our developer efforts, (and I think I am speaking with the voice of many) it would be very supportive from your part to detail the compatibility degree to be expected with the new release.

a) Will G5 full standard to be maintained?

b) Will there be a better means for developers to work, than the contorted way via 3DXchange, which does NOT allow to implement may IMPORTANT features, like "Selection sets", Skin rigging, etc.?

c)In other words, a suitable plugin for the latest versions of MAYA and MAX are indispensable, because the ones available reach as high as MAX version 11, and you MUST CONSIDER, older versions of MAY and MAX are not possible to be obtained, except from the illegal market.

d)Will the current structure for Props, Accessories and such be maintained? Wit Alley, we are engaged in the production of a lot of content using the new Avatar Controller and truly wee need possible buyers to KNOW, the product will be usable and effective with iClone 6?

Please understand our concerns, but take for granted our admiration for the tremendous creativity exhibited by your Development Staff!

Do not forget our disposition to test and support your early tests and beta programs!

Congratulations!

Mike Aparicio

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Apparition (1/18/2014)
Dear Bruce:

c)In other words, a suitable plugin for the latest versions of MAYA and MAX are indispensable, because the ones available reach as high as MAX version 11, and you MUST CONSIDER, older versions of MAY and MAX are not possible to be obtained, except from the illegal market.

Mike Aparicio

I agree with you on most of your concerns and comments.

I still run with Max 2010 so I hope RL if they bring out a new plugin will continue to support it.

If you have a subscription with Autodesk you can still have access to older versions legally and not as you have stated.

Duchess Designs Store 

fablefox
fablefox
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)Veteran Member (549 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Good news.

However, 3D Exchange is a large pipe of the pipeline, or should I say, the gate keeper. So no matter how many bonus point does IClone 6 have, I need to have the news alongside what improvement 3D Exchange will have.

Can't wait.

http://www.fablefoxisstronger.com
alemar
alemar
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
WOW!
Can´t wait!
When will be ready??

ALEMAR GAMES MARKETPLACE STORE

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Sounds exciting, but as a new user that just purchased iClone 5.5, I too want to know if anything I buy now as far as extras and content, will be usable in version 6? Backwards compatibility is a great thing and I want to buy stuff I can use looking forward. Wink
theschemer
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Bruce,

Will the existing Biosphere trees be compatible with the new Speedtree integration?
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If we refer to the Bruce announcement the January 31th 2013, the Iclone 5 major update was the March 11th... So , may be March again !! Tongue

Marc
Tok39Larraby
Tok39Larraby
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
hmm... Whilst I love the new features. I'm increasingly worried given my video card doesn't fully support Direct X 11, that I will also be needing a new card in order to get started with IC6.

As the next video card I buy is going to be even higher up the ladder when the time comes, ... It's going to add considerably (probably more than double the base IC6 pro price in order to be able to use the product.)

In my favour, I will be able to upgrade IC5P instead of full version, but still it's going to cost me a whack. Even if RA gives me a freebie like they did with CTA2. It's still going to cost me a lot (I bought half the content store so that I qualified for the freebie CTA2 upgrade. )

The best outcome for me would be to be told that I will still be able to run IC6 with DirX 9/10 just without the same performance/features. ... That would be nice. .. but I seriously doubt that will be possible. (happy to be corrected Bruce)

The other option will be to wait till I'm ready to upgrade my card before thinking about an upgrade to IC6. As my current 2yo card cost me $400 I hope to go another year or so and then upgrade the card along with the entire system.

Kind of a 'buzz-kill' for me atm.

brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
+1 for Facial mocap system and also a better way to create a face from a photos .

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Tok39Larraby (1/19/2014)
hmm... Whilst I love the new features. I'm increasingly worried given my video card doesn't fully support Direct X 11, that I will also be needing a new card in order to get started with IC6.

As the next video card I buy is going to be even higher up the ladder when the time comes, ... It's going to add considerably (probably more than double the base IC6 pro price in order to be able to use the product.)

In my favour, I will be able to upgrade IC5P instead of full version, but still it's going to cost me a whack. Even if RA gives me a freebie like they did with CTA2. It's still going to cost me a lot (I bought half the content store so that I qualified for the freebie CTA2 upgrade. )

The best outcome for me would be to be told that I will still be able to run IC6 with DirX 9/10 just without the same performance/features. ... That would be nice. .. but I seriously doubt that will be possible. (happy to be corrected Bruce)

The other option will be to wait till I'm ready to upgrade my card before thinking about an upgrade to IC6. As my current 2yo card cost me $400 I hope to go another year or so and then upgrade the card along with the entire system.

Kind of a 'buzz-kill' for me atm.

Lucky you who just need a new graphic card: I need to change my (now) 5-years old computer already for iClone5... negotiation with the wife on going BigGrin

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
10 Years Ago by RobertoColombo

Reading This Topic